What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Just got mine back last night! Had been in the body shop for a month after someone rear ended me but she’s good as new now :D

Just got mine back last night! Had been in the body shop for a month after someone rear ended me but she’s good as new now :D
Same happened to mine a year ago and it took a month also. Several issues with getting parts from Mazda. Their distribution system is not what it should be. Mine was just a tick under $10k for repairs, but my shop did a great job! How about yours?

Same happened to mine a year ago and it took a month also. Several issues with getting parts from Mazda. Their distribution system is not what it should be. Mine was just a tick under $10k for repairs, but my shop did a great job! How about yours?

Yeah the tail light, bumper attachment bracket and a couple things were on backorder so that added a bit of time. My original estimate was around $3K but they found some extra stuff once I got it in and it ended up being closer to $7K, thankfully the other party’s insurance was paying for it all. But the body shop did a great job!

Front window tint

Had front windows tinted today. Was advised couldn't match rear privacy glass (believe 20%), as TX maximum is 25%. Now to remember to not depress the windows lock button and keep my fingers out of the "do not roll" tape for 3-5 days.

Interestingly, seems makes the interior more reflective. I'm noticing now the left AC vent showing up in the drivers window, right on top of rear view mirror.

Checked tire pressures last Saturday. The rear tires were 1 psi lower than the front tires. Easily fixed with the portable tire inflator from Costco (this was way better than the Slime tire inflator that we had from a few years ago).

Glad to hear. Mine got rear ended May 2015 and wasn't fixed until September 2015. Yay insurance headaches. Those few months stunk!

Yeah the tail light, bumper attachment bracket and a couple things were on backorder so that added a bit of time. My original estimate was around $3K but they found some extra stuff once I got it in and it ended up being closer to $7K, thankfully the other partys insurance was paying for it all. But the body shop did a great job!
Did any of the BSM control modules (radar sensors) inside of rear bumper need to be replaced?

New 2013 CX5 owner, longtime Mazda owner. Can anyone advise, with actual knowledge, whether or not the GPS control module (GJS166EZ0/A/B)) from a model with GPS can be removed and installed into mine as opposed to getting the "kit" which is essentially the cover, bracket and module (KJY279EZX)? While I can pay $500 for the plug-and-play kit, if I am able to get the components from a salvaged unit for $120, I'd rather do that. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
New 2013 CX5 owner, longtime Mazda owner. Can anyone advise, with actual knowledge, whether or not the GPS control module (GJS166EZ0/A/B)) from a model with GPS can be removed and installed into mine as opposed to getting the "kit" which is essentially the cover, bracket and module (KJY279EZX)? While I can pay $500 for the plug-and-play kit, if I am able to get the components from a salvaged unit for $120, I'd rather do that. Thanks in advance.

Not sure exactly what you are asking. Does your CX-5 already have the 5.8" Headunit? If you get an OEM headunit, you will still need the module that goes left of the steering wheel. If you have the 5.8" H/U already, all you need is the module and a card. There is a guy on the cx-5 club page who sells the "addon kit" for a reasonable price (card and module). Honestly if you DON"T have the 5.8" screen already you are better off getting an aftermarket HU because the OEM units from 2012-2016 is extremely medicore even for it's time. Also the TomTom maps are kind of pricey to update and the nav itself, while useful is also pretty medicore with TomTom.

Not sure exactly what you are asking. Does your CX-5 already have the 5.8" Headunit? If you get an OEM headunit, you will still need the module that goes left of the steering wheel. If you have the 5.8" H/U already, all you need is the module and a card. There is a guy on the cx-5 club page who sells the "addon kit" for a reasonable price (card and module). Honestly if you DON"T have the 5.8" screen already you are better off getting an aftermarket HU because the OEM units from 2012-2016 is extremely medicore even for it's time. Also the TomTom maps are kind of pricey to update and the nav itself, while useful is also pretty medicore with TomTom.
I have the head unit... I can purchase the add-on kit, which is KJY2749EZX, that encompasses the module, the bracket and cover for $500.00. My question is, if I acquire the module/cover/bracket from a unit that was equipped from the factory, can it be installed in place of the KJY2749EZX? Meaning, I would have three separate components from a factory-equipped vehicle being the module (GJS166EZ0E), the bracket (KD5166EF1) and the cover/panel (KD4564280C02).

My question is this:
Must I buy the retrofit kit, or can the OEM components from a factory-equipped unit be installed with the same results. Can I walk over to a salvage CX5 with factory installed OEM navigation and remove the component from the left side of the dash, disconnect the three connectors and install into mine?

More blue blingification. Yes CD, fingerprints. I know you are disappointed in me.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• blue_bling_1.jpg
    blue_bling_1.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 767
  • blue_bling_2.jpg
    blue_bling_2.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 791
Back