What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Hello!
New member here who recently bought a pre-owned 2018 CX-5 touring. I bought a DrawTite hitch (76138) and will be installing it this weekend. I have also been thinking about adding these or similar bumper guards/skid plates because I really like how they look on the car. But I haven't been able to find any information on whether the rear one can be installed together with the hitch. Has anyone done this? Thanks in advance!

Gave it the first going over since new:

Wash with Dawn and rinse
Wipe down with CarPro's IronX
Griots synthetic clay with Speed Shine
Applied TW Ice Seal N Shine

I felt like I was missing a step using the Turtle Wax. I usually apply more conventional waxes with my Makita high speed buffer and always feel like I've been to the gym after using it. The S-N-S is so easy I did a second application to the hood and roof just because I wasn't tired yet.

I bought my 2017 CX-5 AWD GT at the end of the year and received a 5-yr Zero percent financing.
My car currently has 9455 miles on it. I guess I need to get around some more!
At signing I added free mudflaps and remote starter.
I have since added:
A cargo liner
3D Maxpider floor mats (highly recommended)
Body side moldings (which blend in very well with the rest of the vehicle). I may have saved the car from a few dings.
Next on my list - a rear bumper guard 0000-8T-R10 ($84.94) or Beautost stainless plate guard ($89.99). Both appear pricey and available through Amazon. If anyone has insights and suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Guess they forgot to teach uploading a pic in college! I tried and failed here. I have the Sportwing FE7-CX5

this is what I do

-Settings
-manage files
-choose file
-upload
-click on file name
-copy url
-click on "insert image" icon
-paste url

done

Guess they forgot to teach uploading a pic in college! I tried and failed here. I have the Sportwing FE7-CX5

That feature can be flaky on some accounts.

I used to be an admin on another forum with this exact same software (so I've helped others through the process), but even with that experience and with one of the mods here spending a lot of time with me, we could not figure out why the photo management function on my account does not work. The guy even linked his own pics directly to my account, and what I saw as different than what he linked!!! Neither of us had ever encountered such a thing.

He was willingly to keep trying. I just gave up.

Was at dealership yesterday getting car battery replaced free under warranty......man the new Red Crystal Soul cars on the lot popped in the sunlight!! Impressive in person.

Was at dealership yesterday getting car battery replaced free under warranty......man the new Red Crystal Soul cars on the lot popped in the sunlight!! Impressive in person.

Yeah they look pretty sweet in some lights. I've seen them in others and they look damn near pink though.

Well, I totaled my Black Mica 2013 FWD Touring a couple of weeks ago, had 77K on the clock, and ended up purchasing a Titanium Flash Mica 2016 AWD Touring with 55K. Man, the difference in power between the 2.0 and 2.5 is surprising. I lost a sunroof and roof rack, but gained AWD and larger displacement. Paid $12,995 for the 2013 with 44K in March 2018, ended up getting $13,600 for it and bought the 2016 for $14,900, so worked out okay.

Well, I totaled my Black Mica 2013 FWD Touring a couple of weeks ago, had 77K on the clock, and ended up purchasing a Titanium Flash Mica 2016 AWD Touring with 55K. Man, the difference in power between the 2.0 and 2.5 is surprising. I lost a sunroof and roof rack, but gained AWD and larger displacement. Paid $12,995 for the 2013 with 44K in March 2018, ended up getting $13,600 for it and bought the 2016 for $14,900, so worked out okay.

Sorry to hear it got totaled, but congrats on the new ride!

Sounds like you survived the crash ok, which is the most important thing.

But you actually made money on a totaled car??? I don't know I ever heard of anyone doing that.

Congrats on the new purchase, even if it happened in a less-than-desired manner.

Placed and order for hardrace rear adjustable toe arm and some hardrace adjustae front endlinks. Jbr bar front sway bar broke 1.5 weeks ago and they sent a replacement. Gonna put me links on it since those are a wear item anyways.

Swapped our 2017 Machine Grey GS for a 2019 Crystal Blue GT w/PP. Swapped the 20" CX-9 wheels with new tires onto the 2019.

U8UCmengygKp5G2SA

Washed, clayed, sealed. Then (should have done this first) cleaned engine bay and dressed rubber and vinyl/plastic pieces. She is almost too clean to drive.

I think my engine somehow jumped timing or otherwise had a bad timing component. cleaned and tested some solenoids/sensors per workshop manual. Did compressions test (no bent valve) and checked oil for shavings. Everything else requires removing the timing cover. Gonna let a shop handle that on Tues.

I think my engine somehow jumped timing or otherwise had a bad timing component. cleaned and tested some solenoids/sensors per workshop manual. Did compressions test (no bent valve) and checked oil for shavings. Everything else requires removing the timing cover. Gonna let a shop handle that on Tues.

Ouch! Good luck with that.

Has anyone tried the chrome strips on the tailgate yet? The gap in the panels between the upper and lower sections really bothered me, so I gave them a try. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• mazda.jpg
    mazda.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Back