What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Delaware also doesn't have front license plates, but unfortunately, buying in Maryland, where they do require them, my dealer drilled through my front bumper and put one of their ugly cheap chrome advertising frames. So off the plate holder came, ordered a couple of painted plugs from bumperplugs.com and voila, holes are mostly gone. Live and learn.

I graduated from high school in Texas. You guys are lucky I can use full sentences with punctuation.

Bad grammar in my initial post, but I think you're all clever enough to figure out what actually happened.

Delaware also doesn't have front license plates, but unfortunately, buying in Maryland, where they do require them, my dealer drilled through my front bumper and put one of their ugly cheap chrome advertising frames. So off the plate holder came, ordered a couple of painted plugs from bumperplugs.com and voila, holes are mostly gone. Live and learn.

Holy cow, I don't think I'd have left the lot with that car unless they assured me they had a new bumper on order. I live in a state that requires front plates, but if I didn't and had purchased a brand new car, there is no way I'd let them put holes in it.

I drove from just outside to Portland to Leavenworth Washington and back over the weekend. Got 29.7 MPG over the 600 mile R/T drive, which is not too back considering I had a couple high passes (4000 ft +) to climb.

I drove from just outside to Portland to Leavenworth Washington and back over the weekend. Got 29.7 MPG over the 600 mile R/T drive, which is not too back considering I had a couple high passes (4000 ft +) to climb.
How fast were you going? I just did the drive from Portland to Seattle and got 26. Avg 79mph.

How fast were you going? I just did the drive from Portland to Seattle and got 26. Avg 79mph.

I stayed with the flow of traffic- 70 to 75 with touching 80 here and there. I went up the Gorge and through Yakima going and then over Stevens pass on the way back, got stuck for an hour outside of Gold Bar to Sultan creeping along due to some fender bender, that really took a bite out of the 30+ mpg I was getting.

Oh I didn't know it was only 280. That's like wear rating for a summer tire. In any case, my experience with Mazda OEM tires are that they will be worn out by 25K miles, so it is not really surprising that they won't last long. I've replaced the OEM tires on my previous Mazdas at around the 25K mile mark.

The Toyo Proxes R36 have a treadwear rating of 300. I got about 35000 miles out of them. They are rated C for rolling resistance (fuel efficiency), C for Wet Braking and 69dB for noise which is relatively quiet.
A lot of the alternatives I found rated equal or worse than the above though the tread ratings can be much higher than the Toyo's.

⋯ However, I did find some significant seepage from the engine dripping right where it meets the transmission, but didn't get a good look to see if it was coming from higher up. I'm still within the factory drivetrain warranty, so I emailed my local dealer with a picture and they said all should be covered under warranty, so I've got an appointment in a short while to see what happens next.
Similar oil or ATF leak in that area has been reported several times.

I also put in a new cabin air filter that was pretty dirty, but did find a practically brand new engine air filter already installed.
May be the previous owner put in a charcoal cabin air filter which looks dirty even in new. :)

Similar oil or ATF leak in that area has been reported several times.

May be the previous owner put in a charcoal cabin air filter which looks dirty even in new. :)

Actually, I put in a new charcoal filter, so maybe that's why I wrote that confusing sentence. (lol2) But the old one was a standard white filter full of dirt, leaves, etc.

So after I dropped off the car yesterday, they set me up with a 2017 CX-5 as a loaner. Holy crap, the throttle response was SO much better than my 2014. I know they remapped things a bit, but I feel like my engine might be showing it's age a little. I kind of wonder if it saw a lot of city driving with not much hard driving and got a lot of carbon built up on the intake valves. I went deep into the intake valve cleaning rabbit hole last night. Apparently these engines are better at avoiding buildup, but some high rpm driving helps a lot. I'll try that out when I get mine back. If not, I might check the MAF and maybe prematurely replace spark plugs.

So after I dropped off the car yesterday, they set me up with a 2017 CX-5 as a loaner. Holy crap, the throttle response was SO much better than my 2014. I know they remapped things a bit, but I feel like my engine might be showing it's age a little. I kind of wonder if it saw a lot of city driving with not much hard driving and got a lot of carbon built up on the intake valves. I went deep into the intake valve cleaning rabbit hole last night. Apparently these engines are better at avoiding buildup, but some high rpm driving helps a lot. I'll try that out when I get mine back. If not, I might check the MAF and maybe prematurely replace spark plugs.
Please report back what your dealers finding on your oil leak, preferably post your experience in the following thread:

Small Oil leak for me too... :-(

Spark plugs? If you go for true OEM Mazda plugs as suggested by many including owners manual, youll be surprised how expensive theyll be! (boom08)

I'll go ahead and post on that thread with the picture I sent to the dealer and update accordingly.

As far as spark plugs, I went down that rabbit hole last night as well. I found the Denso OEM style ones an Amazon and will probably go with those.

Hello everyone! New member here. I picked up my CX-5 GT over a month ago and have done some subtle aesthetic mods to it since then. Mostly applying 3M 1080 matte black vinyl to the window trim. Matte black tint to the third brake light. LED upgrade to my interior (ebay kit) and exterior lighting. Finally found a built-in resistor LED bulb from iJDMtoy that fit in the housing with no problem. The rear pic shows incandescent (left) versus LED (right). Been really liking the new model and materials used throughout. It feels very well built and solid for the value. It's complimented my transition into fatherhood very well. Hope you like the pics.

bb783758c8d676f00336b4d431f44876.jpg

Could you tell me where you got this and what was the installation method. Do you need to drill holes etc.

I want this so badly before the winter. I need the Aluminum Foot rest and maybe the Brake and gas pedal too..... The OEM cost about $300 plus labor so around $450 is what i was quoted by dealership since they said it involves drilling through body frame for some reason on the foot rest and the pedal total.

Back