What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Diesel spotted in chicago...
mazda-cx-8-spy-shot-peter-lazar-2_653.jpg

Cool, but at the same time, eww. Looks like a minivan from this angle. Hell, dare I say it? Look at the back-end and window lines. Looks like an ugly CR-V to me...

Cleaned up my CX-5 a bit this weekend. Bought some magic eraser and cleaned up the black plastic trims that I got compound/polish on last weekend.

Also, finally pulled out all my all weather mats and cleaned them. They certainly needed it after this winter/spring. I need to find a vacuum that can get in the hard to reach areas.

Last edited:
Ordered the roof rails today after seeing the Thule post. When it arrives and I get it installed I will have to make the factory cross bar (assuming they are available then) or aftermarket decision.

Someone stole my magnet already. Sigh....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"C" as in CLEveland; whom "G/S" is about to whip the snot out of commencing June 1st!(yippy) BTW, why does your rear spoiler support appear to be falling off?

Block C as in the Cleveland Indians. Yea...I hate that logo. No one knows what it is. Is it the Cubs?
Care to wager on that Cavs/ Warriors prediction?
Supports fine. It's just the lighting or the angle or something.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Today I put on Coverking Neoprene seat covers for the back seat and passenger seat. Not really thrilled with the bottoms of the back seat which will probably require unbolting to meet my satisfaction. Hopefully they will be durable enough for my 100 pound pit bull/akita mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly today but I got a dashcam installed (front+back), got the OEM cargo net to replace the crappy non-OEM one I bought which broke, bought a cargo organizer for when the net isn't appropriate, and bought a portable tire inflator + digital tire pressure gauge. I also had a sound guy look over the sound system and recommend upgrades - he says the most bang for the buck is replacing two dash speakers, after that he recommends an under seat sub. Doing anything beyond that will cost significantly more and the price/performance will be significantly less. I'll likely have him do the work in the next few months.

Not exactly today but I got a dashcam installed (front+back), got the OEM cargo net to replace the crappy non-OEM one I bought which broke, bought a cargo organizer for when the net isn't appropriate, and bought a portable tire inflator + digital tire pressure gauge. I also had a sound guy look over the sound system and recommend upgrades - he says the most bang for the buck is replacing two dash speakers, after that he recommends an under seat sub. Doing anything beyond that will cost significantly more and the price/performance will be significantly less. I'll likely have him do the work in the next few months.

Did he happen to recommend an under the seat unit that would work well? Just curious, I thought of doing the same, along with the dash speakers. Ole lady said no to all my old IASCA SQ stuff going in. Lol

Last edited:
Back