What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Well I never knew how sensitive the CX-5 could be to off balance tires.

Have you had many cars, Colorado? Serious.
Like literally every single car I've owned would do this when too much snow gets caught up in the wheel wells.

Have you had many cars, Colorado? Serious.
Like literally every single car I've owned would do this when too much snow gets caught up in the wheel wells.

I had 2 Jeeps before this car. They had different shaking issues LOL!

Did you add at least a couple of more psis than factory recommended 34 psi to your new 225/65R17 102H General AltiMAX RT43s?

Yep, did my homework. They're all at 37psi. Also I made sure I got the H-rated ones instead of the T-rated. Hopefully I'll have some more time to drive it without the kids so I can see if the limits have really changed.

Yep, did my homework. They're all at 37psi. Also I made sure I got the H-rated ones instead of the T-rated. Hopefully I'll have some more time to drive it without the kids so I can see if the limits have really changed.
So you know therere both T-rated and H-rated 225/65R17 RT43s and H-rated is much superior on specs, you really have done the home work no doubt!

And 37 psi would be my choice too!

New diff came in, off aearly build 2016 and the casted model no. is the revised version.
79545055_10162682358795487_3919102626184036352_o.jpg

New diff came in, off aearly build 2016 and the casted model no. is the revised version.
Is it from LKQ? How much does it cost?

Mazda SG1 gear lubricant is pretty expensive for 2016 rear differential. Hope this replacement would fix your problem.

Is it from LKQ? How much does it cost?

Mazda SG1 gear lubricant is pretty expensive for 2016 rear differential. Hope this replacement would fix your problem.

no I used some place from CO because the LKQ yards all wanted 180-280 for freight shipping, and I couldn't find any LKQ listing for one on ebay (LKQ listings on ebay are usually free shipping). Paid like 430 shipped for it. There aren't a lot of these used floating around on the net

no I used some place from CO because the LKQ yards all wanted 180-280 for freight shipping, and I couldn't find any LKQ listing for one on ebay (LKQ listings on ebay are usually free shipping). Paid like 430 shipped for it. There aren't a lot of these used floating around on the net
Still its better than paying $1,000 ~ $1,500 (?) from Mazda dealer.

Curious if you can tell the physical differences on input shaft casing which got modified. Take some pictures for comparison between the two if you can.

Drove down to the dealer in Phoenix this past weekend to have them replace the incorrect second key that they had provided at the purchase and had them install the mudflaps. Considered doing it myself, but it looked like a bit of a PITA so I let them do it for a total cost of $182 including the flaps. Mt time is worth more than that.

Washed ours for probably the first time since I got my Miata back in July. Those front wheels were NASTY!!!

Also verified with my micrometer that the current tires have around 3.5mm tread depth which is right at 4/32.

Might be getting these as a gif to myself in Jan (both part). Should have got them a while back, I can already tell especially when I jack the car effect of metal fatigue
WJwe2ms.jpg

Last edited:
Today I think I will spray my car down with water, it is up to 53 degrees. I want to rinse the salt off.

Done. The beading water from the wax helps a lot when spraying the car down.

Last edited:
Starting messing with diff.. ofc an axle got stuck, which I did end up freeing after buying a slide hammer and still ended up using a crow bar to get the axle free (after I pulled the center part and boot off trying to get it out). Pretty much ready to remove the diff, hold one bolt I'm having trouble breaking due to its loction. But at 230am and ice on my car I called it lol.

Starting messing with diff.. ofc an axle got stuck, which I did end up freeing after buying a slide hammer and still ended up using a crow bar to get the axle free (after I pulled the center part and boot off trying to get it out). Pretty much ready to remove the diff, hold one bolt I'm having trouble breaking due to its loction. But at 230am and ice on my car I called it lol.
Boy youre working too hard ⋯
Good luck on the project, and take some pictures if you can.

Done and done..gonna have my tcm reprogrammed tomorrow with the new diffs text string. Old diff was tore up inside, very black oil but also low viscosity.. it may have had water damage but I've never forced anything (cough uno). So far so good. Also noticed my passenger side brake pad on the caliper side was damn near gone. Probably need to grease slid pins but after two multiple hours sessions I was done wrenching. Contacted brake labs to see if they sell pads only

Might be getting these as a gif to myself in Jan (both part). Should have got them a while back, I can already tell especially when I jack the car effect of metal fatigue
WJwe2ms.jpg

That's exactly why I use a pinch weld adapter for this vehicle. A must have. Toyota/Lexus used an idiotic design for the pinch welds on the 02-06 Lexus ES, so they definitely showed some damage on my car after 10 years. Mazda uses three layers of steel bonded together, which is stronger, but I like using this adapter which lets the metal sit on a UHMW pad backed by aluminum. Pinch welds still look great.

Done and done..gonna have my tcm reprogrammed tomorrow with the new diffs text string. Old diff was tore up inside, very black oil but also low viscosity.. it may have had water damage but I've never forced anything (cough uno). So far so good. Also noticed my passenger side brake pad on the caliper side was damn near gone. Probably need to grease slid pins but after two multiple hours sessions I was done wrenching. Contacted brake labs to see if they sell pads only
Glad to hear youre done for such a muscle-intensive job. Looks like the only thing could be wrong is the clutch pack, or you should hear major noises from other broken parts. So the TCM, not the PCM needs to know the rear differential ID (I assume thats the differential text string for)? How do you do the TCM re-programming?

Back