What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Got my car back from the dealer with my new transmission....sounds better already so hopefully I don't have any more issues.

Installed the OEM mud flaps before I dropped her off but wasn't able to take pictures so here they are.

Next step is getting some Yakima Racks with a Cargo Box.
I have those OEM mud flaps too. These rear Dumbo Ears are very effective. :)

BTW, do you mind to give us more details of your transmission problem?

I had it in a different post...

**2 UPDATES**

March 18th- So 1 week in to having my 2015 GT and am having transmission issues. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow am and hoping the warranty covers it. After doing some research and taking it to my local shop (they ruled out wheel bearing issues) it looks like it's the transmission/transaxle. TSB No. 0500414 is what I found and it's exactly what I'm hearing (although I have a 2015 and it only shows '12-'14 having the problem)

March 20th- Took my 2015 GT to the dealer this morning to get the transmission checked....moral of the story is it needs a new transmission...thankfully covered by the warranty! Should be good as new in a week or 2 and in the meantime they gave me a 2016.5 GT to drive around...Sport mode is kind of cool on it!
All in all, thank goodness for the warranty!!

Here's the link to the TSB that I found for the symptoms that made me concerned.... http://bit.ly/2nfdZp9

The dealer couldn't tell me what exactly went wrong with the transmission because he said they aren't allowed to open up the bad transmission when they pull it out to see what happened.

I had it in a different post...
**2 UPDATES**
March 18th- So 1 week in to having my 2015 GT and am having transmission issues.
Somehow I missed your post. But the good thing is you got a new transmission which should have revised parts for good! :)

I had to replace that on mine 3 years ago (misjudged some clearance).

Did you have a hard time putting the door panel back on? I sure did lol!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I found out if you slide the rubber piece that runs across the top of the window out of the door panel and place it on the door frame it's a piece of cake as the clips will reattach when you bang it back together. The hard part was transferring the old mirror glass to the new housing. Damn near broke my thumbs pushing it into the center clip!

I put plates on my new cx-5. Tomorrow I should be getting all weather mats delivered for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found out if you slide the rubber piece that runs across the top of the window out of the door panel and place it on the door frame it's a piece of cake as the clips will reattach when you bang it back together. The hard part was transferring the old mirror glass to the new housing. Damn near broke my thumbs pushing it into the center clip!

Oh man I forgot about that part! Yep pushing that mirror into the new housing was hard!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Washed it last weekend for the first time since before Winter.

17332941_1773718759614056_7131569384262205440_n.jpg

Replaced passenger side mirror housing, wife knocked out a mailbox!

Have to order for the left side. Wife caught the very tip of the mirror on the garage frame and cracked the black plastic mirror and popped the color cap off, which broke some of the clips.

Also have to have the windshield replaced....chip rock to the upper right corner two weeks ago turned into a large crack across the right side of the glass. Mazda wants almost $1000 to replace it. :eek:

Have to order for the left side. Wife caught the very tip of the mirror on the garage frame and cracked the black plastic mirror and popped the color cap off, which broke some of the clips.

Also have to have the windshield replaced....chip rock to the upper right corner two weeks ago turned into a large crack across the right side of the glass. Mazda wants almost $1000 to replace it. :eek:
$1000 to replace windshield?!?! Have you asked for a quote from Safelite?

2016 GT w/Tech Windshield

$1000 to replace windshield?!?! Have you asked for a quote from Safelite?
$666.25 is the list for a Mazda windshield on GT with Tech Package. There's no aftermarket windshield as far as I know at this time. The labor is $201.65 from a reputable windshield shop who knows how to deal with sensors. According to Mazda Service Manual, these sensors need adjustment after windshield replacement that's extra money but even Mazda dealers usually don't want to do it.

I know this because my windshield got cracked by the hail storm on March 23rd last year! And hopefully the windshield is not in back order this time as this has been happened many times before!

$666.25 is the list for a Mazda windshield on GT with Tech Package. There's no aftermarket windshield as far as I know at this time. The labor is $201.65 from a reputable windshield shop who knows how to deal with sensors. According to Mazda Service Manual, these sensors need adjustment after windshield replacement that's extra money but even Mazda dealers usually don't want to do it.

I know this because my windshield got cracked by the hail storm on March 23rd last year! And hopefully the windshield is not in back order this time as this has been happened many times before!
Damn that is pricey, but it makes sense considering there are some stuff mounted on the windshield that didn't exist in older cars.

Windshield on GT w/Tech

Damn that is pricey, but it makes sense considering there are some stuff mounted on the windshield that didn't exist in older cars.
Not saying Safelite is not good, but there were a couple of incidences here that one installed standard CX-5 windshield and "taped" sensors on the windshield, the other found Safelite broke the plastic clips holding the sensors. Both make sensors out of position and affect rain-sensor wipers and Smart City Brake Support on GT with Tech Package.

High pitch squeal/whine above 40mph

Do you mind to tell us what happened to your high pitch squeal/whine issue? Someone was asking in your old thread from last year:

High pitch squeal/whine above 40mph

Not saying Safelite is not good, but there were a couple of incidences here that one installed standard CX-5 windshield and "taped" sensors on the windshield, the other found Safelite broke the plastic clips holding the sensors. Both make sensors out of position and affect rain-sensor wipers and Smart City Brake Support on GT with Tech Package.
I've used Safelite before to replace the windshield on a 2010 Mazda3 and they did okay. I haven't had to replace any windshield on my cars since then. Thanks for the tip.

Interior LED lights added yesterday....so much nicer than before.

Next up is painting/dipping the roof rails black and getting a Yakima rack setup+cargo box (cabpatch)

Haven't been on in a while. Here is the updated build so far. To stay updated follow me @T.winnick

a7f20b0bf7375935d634d3544e9d4dc2.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Started fabricating another up pipe to try to position turboh where the oem intake box is

Back