Page 401 of 401 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401
Results 6,001 to 6,009 of 6009

Thread: What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

What I did for my CX-5 was buy cheap rubber floor mats from Walmart to keep the good floor mats clean. They were universal fit and with some trimming they fit good. I like them. They have a ridge to keep any mud or water in them.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    How did you like running the 5w30 vs the 0w20?

I got my brakes inspected. Front rotors need to be resurfaced and my front pads were actually still good on life but wearing unevenly. Guy was saying something about slide hardware?

Anyway, he said rotors probably have "one turn" left in them. Turn and resurface mean the same thing right?

Now that I know what's needed, I'll buy some new pads, hardware, grease, get the rotors resurfaced, put new pads on, grease everything up like its supposed to be (from the videos I watched), and put it back together. That should solve my pulsating braking at high speeds.
    I used to change the brakes on my old car. The slide hardware are stainless steel clips that the pads ride in. They have to lubed with brake grease so the pads can move back and forth freely. When a pad sticks, and it is very common, one pad will wear faster than the other. Yes resurfacing and turning mean the same thing. But rotors are so cheap these days I didn't think they machined them anymore, just put new ones on.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

0w-20 is so thin. They do it not for the motor's sake but to try to get more mpg out of the car. There is less drag of motor parts in thin oil. Do you guys run full synthetic or a blend?

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    How did you like running the 5w30 vs the 0w20?

I got my brakes inspected. Front rotors need to be resurfaced and my front pads were actually still good on life but wearing unevenly. Guy was saying something about slide hardware?

Anyway, he said rotors probably have "one turn" left in them. Turn and resurface mean the same thing right?

Now that I know what's needed, I'll buy some new pads, hardware, grease, get the rotors resurfaced, put new pads on, grease everything up like its supposed to be (from the videos I watched), and put it back together. That should solve my pulsating braking at high speeds.
    It seemed to keep my catch can less full between changes, blowby. Ran 5w30 for about a year.. however like I said, I also did an unnecessary repair that could destroy and engine if done improperly. The new bearing were tighter tolerance than the ones removed so my experience of the noise was likely a quirk of my engine. Considering I was getting the noise at idle/creeping which is also the lowest oil pressure, and the noise is gone now with the *thinner* oil.

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Noticed one of my HIDS wasn't reflecting off the car in front of me.. time for some new ones. I'm hoping I can get it in/out without taking the light off (or worse bending the clip trying do it blind). edit: good lord, the best d4s bulbs are $150 a set.. I don't want a no name PRC this time though, probably just grab some morimito for $50..
    Last edited by Chris_Top_Her; 12-15-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

Cleaned and detailed our Black Mica Signature CX-5 and sealed it with Meguiars Ultra Fast Finish. The car is new but it never looked as good as it does today.
    Current Stable:
    2019 Signature CX-5
    2017 Silverado Duramax LTZ Z71
    2006 C6Z06 Corvette LS7
    1992 Spec Miata
    2007 Mazda6, V6-5 Speed
    2017 ATC Race Car/Toy Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by SignatureCX5 View Post
    Cleaned and detailed our Black Mica Signature CX-5 and sealed it with Meguiars Ultra Fast Finish. The car is new but it never looked as good as it does today.
    And no photo. Really? #fail

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    The nerve of some people...LOL Haven't figured out how to add photos in the mobile site

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    The nerve of some people...LOL Haven't figured out how to add photos in the mobile site
    ...and now for some pictures

20181217_front angle 2mp.jpg
    20181217_passenger side 2mp.jpg
    20181217_front 2mp.jpg
    20181217_interior 2mp.jpg
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 401 of 401 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401