What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Tired of being idle, need to make something happen. Ned to cure the high temp paint with a heatgun box, wrap one of those pipes and then just waiting on an AN10 steel braid hose and then it's on to beta testing..
20988305_10159128096935487_7213664126376964614_o.jpg

Today I got the rear doors and rear window tinted as factory percentage.
Front door stay the same since NYS changed the window tinting law and now is enforced at the time of inspection every year.
036a75836c8beea30f29bac53fc744a6.jpg
aa1b78ffc0eafcf72bf4c4cd2a3299bd.jpg

AEM drop in filters ftw! The secret people don't realize though is the sticker. It gives you a legit 3% hp increase.
Hahahahahahahaha..... The secret weapon.... [emoji23][emoji23] .
This way the dealership will not try to sell me anything in that area.

They tend to always want to sell " oh man you should replace your filter now .. your engine will breathe better ..." Lol

For me was what I did yesterday, (I forgot to post)[emoji33].
I installed a SD navigation card in the 2017 sport.
Plug and play. It worked right away!!

7f1e3d3a57fe999e3fe3452dc66d4021.jpg

Washed/ detailed and wet waxed the car today. Went out for dinner and came out to another cx-5 parked next to me. Hello old friend!

Pennslyvania doesn't require front license plates? You guys are lucky. The blue one looks super clean without the plates. I suppose it's good to tell salesman not to drill holes to bumper before sealing the deal. Real shame though that you can't debadge those rear emblems without revealing the sheetmetal punched holes behind them. it'll look a lot cleaner without the emblems imho.

Last edited:
Just Install a pair of oval S.S. 3.5" exhaust tips, mazdaspeed fenders and rear hatch red "sport" emblem and 3M 1080 glossy black vinyl on the side view mirrors. Here are some of the pictures:

20170825_195916.jpg

20170825_195724.jpg

20170825_195907.jpg

20170825_195355.jpg

20170825_195542.jpg

20170825_195534.jpg

Last edited:
Hate white cars. But somehow I love the white 17 cx5 the best. Maybe because it takes some of the focus off the chrome?
What are Mazdaspeed fenders?

Just Install a pair of oval S.S. 3.5" exhaust tips, mazdaspeed fenders and rear hatch red "sport" emblem and 3M 1080 glossy black vinyl on the side view mirrors. Here are some of the pictures:

The exhaust tips are cool, but not feeling the black mirrors. Older cars used to have black unpainted mirrors on the cheapest, base model version. It makes it look cheaper, less refined, to me.

The exhaust tips are cool, but not feeling the black mirrors. Older cars used to have black unpainted mirrors on the cheapest, base model version. It makes it look cheaper, less refined, to me.

I did black mirror caps on my white Mazda3 and it did make the car look cheaper for some reason and not sporty as I had expected. It looked fine on other color cars but on white it didn't sit right on its own :/ I didn't like the tiny panda ears. Couldn't find it anymore but I had a pic comparing my car to a panda lol

Purchased and installed the rubber cargo mat and cargo net from Med Center Mazda (cheaper than my dealerships here). Purchased the all-weather floor mats for when I head out to the boonies. In town I use the carpeted mats. Purchased an engine air filter and cabin air filter to have on hand when replacement is needed. Cannot find these filters at the local parts stores yet. I assume they are the same as the 2016 CX-5 but can't those either. Had the front windows tinted and the windshield visor tint added too. Next is the spare tire fix posted elsewhere here on the CX-5 forums to have the correct diameter spare available.

I went to the dealer the check on my upcoming unit. The grill isn't metal. It's plastic.

When was the last time you saw a Japanese car with a metal grille? What is that to the right of your car? Looks like maybe a 3 with a different (from US market) grille?

Back