What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Third service. 20,400 miles.
Geolanders at 7/32 and 8/32 so on track for a 40-50k miles life.
Dealer charges 8.60 per qt for the Moly.
My total came to 114 USD with rotation of tires. Paid 94 after discount. Me Thinks it's pricey.
I need to change engine air filter any brand recommend?
Was also asked about brake hydraulic system service at 116 usd. I have driven it 20 months 20k miles.

Also what do you think about alignment and tire balance? Last time I did that on a car not much was gained. Quoted 150 for both. Seems in line with other shops.

Mileage is good so far. I will aim for 40 mpg during morning commute and tank average of 30+ mpg.

At Sam's Club, 6 x Mobil 1 0W30 oil is $27.xx. Probably at Costco, is the same thing. Mazda filter from Amazon, is $10. But, you have to do it yourself and deal with the old oil/filter.

At Sam's Club, 6 x Mobil 1 0W30 oil is $27.xx. Probably at Costco, is the same thing. Mazda filter from Amazon, is $10. But, you have to do it yourself and deal with the old oil/filter.

My Q was on Engine Air filter - oil filter that my dealer uses is probably made in Vietnam. I will replace engine air filter and clean up the area under it. Any brand you recommend - I am not going to use the clean and re use types. I will put a regular one and be done till 40K miles.
I just want to use Mazda Moly - I like it a lot.

Third service. 20,400 miles.
Geolanders at 7/32 and 8/32 so on track for a 40-50k miles life.
Dealer charges 8.60 per qt for the Moly.
My total came to 114 USD with rotation of tires. Paid 94 after discount. Me Thinks it's pricey.
I need to change engine air filter any brand recommend?
Was also asked about brake hydraulic system service at 116 usd. I have driven it 20 months 20k miles.

Also what do you think about alignment and tire balance? Last time I did that on a car not much was gained. Quoted 150 for both. Seems in line with other shops.

Mileage is good so far. I will aim for 40 mpg during morning commute and tank average of 30+ mpg.

Probably about right for the Geolandars. Biggest, noisiest hunks of crap rolling down the road.

That's expensive for a piece of maintenance that is easy to take care of yourself. Both oil, and rotation. I've had Discount Tire rotate my tires for free (an incentive to purchase from them - lifetime free rotations) and they didn't even ask for evidence that the tires were from them. Heh

A little premature for both alignment and brake system, IMO. Brake system flush is also stupid easy, with the right tools, and those tools are inexpensive. But, no reason you can't expect several years out of your brake fluid...

Probably about right for the Geolandars. Biggest, noisiest hunks of crap rolling down the road.

That's expensive for a piece of maintenance that is easy to take care of yourself. Both oil, and rotation. I've had Discount Tire rotate my tires for free (an incentive to purchase from them - lifetime free rotations) and they didn't even ask for evidence that the tires were from them. Heh

A little premature for both alignment and brake system, IMO. Brake system flush is also stupid easy, with the right tools, and those tools are inexpensive. But, no reason you can't expect several years out of your brake fluid...

Thank you. I dont have a garage - even washing car in my place is a hassle. I know $94 is expensive. Probably would be about $70 if I went with regular oil.

At 84k miles I never done an alignment on the CX-5. All tires are wearing evenly, rotated every 6-7k miles.

The dealership I go to has a brake flushing system and charges same price as Kaps' dealership. Done at 4 years/50k miles.

I do alignment, if I change some suspension part, or I hit the curb pretty badly.
At one of the Mazda dealerships here in LA(Glendale), they are pushing you to do an alignment.

At 84k miles I never done an alignment on the CX-5. All tires are wearing evenly, rotated every 6-7k miles.

The dealership I go to has a brake flushing system and charges same price as Kaps' dealership. Done at 4 years/50k miles.

Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't stretch my maintenance intervals. I went over 6 years and 85K on my CX-5 without a flush. Judging only by appearance, the fluid still looked new. But I think it's cheap insurance. If you have the time and tools you can flush your system using vac or pressure systems (I use a Motive Power Bleeder), and what...20 bucks for a couple quarts of fluid? If I'm paying dealership rates, I might go another 6 years. Lol

I do alignment, if I change some suspension part, or I hit the curb pretty badly.
At one of the Mazda dealerships here in LA(Glendale), they are pushing you to do an alignment.

I live by the same principle. Never understood why it is a suggested piece of maintenance otherwise...

Many people, make one, when they are changing tires as well. I don't understand, why? Shops convinced them, that has to be done.

Yeah, I never get an alignment done unless the car is pulling or otherwise behaving weird in the suspension. Every time I take my wheels off I give the suspension and brakes a look over as well to check for wear, leaks, etc etc.

I got a window chip this week that I tried to fix with one of those $12 kits. The small imperfection in the glass is still visible, but it's better than it was.

Today I drove it to work for the first time in rush hour traffic. Radar Cruise rocks! Most relaxing drive in traffic I can remember.

Had a brand new set of Michelin premier LTX Tires installed

You Premier LTX folks will have to let us know how the treadwear holds up over time/miles. For their 17" Premier LTX tires, new tread is only at 8.5/32nd tread, so call me skeptical.

You Premier LTX folks will have to let us know how the treadwear holds up over time/miles. For their 17" Premier LTX tires, new tread is only at 8.5/32nd tread, so call me skeptical.
Yep, it’s 8.5 for the 19s also. I got them basically because I’ve never been disappointed by Michelin tires and reviews were so good. Think I’ll buy a tread depth gauge and track wear month to month. So far very happy with them but only 27 miles???

Yep, it’s 8.5 for the 19s also. I got them basically because I’ve never been disappointed by Michelin tires and reviews were so good. Think I’ll buy a tread depth gauge and track wear month to month. So far very happy with them but only 27 miles???
I just wonder how many of those reviews are from when the tires are brand new.

That said, everyone who gets them seems to like them. Just let us know how they hold up :)

Today I drove it to work for the first time in rush hour traffic. Radar Cruise rocks! Most relaxing drive in traffic I can remember.

Did you let it bring you to a full stop and such? I haven't allowed it to do that yet because I'm not sure how well I trust it but was wondering if you used it in a stop and go scenario.

Did you let it bring you to a full stop and such? I haven't allowed it to do that yet because I'm not sure how well I trust it but was wondering if you used it in a stop and go scenario.

I have. Works great. Only issue is when people pull off on a offramp and go really slow. That can cause a sudden unrequited braking.

I just wonder how many of those reviews are from when the tires are brand new.

That said, everyone who gets them seems to like them. Just let us know how they hold up :)

I plan to. Went out and bought a depth gauge today and confirmed the 8.5/32 depth. Set up a excel spreadsheet and plan to track changes in depth over time. As far as the tires themselves I’m very happy with them so far

No rain so got the first coat of Collinite wax on.

BDC4_A1_BC-_F786-49_A9-86_C0-17_DD51_FFD053.jpg

2_B8536_A7-_DC01-44_B5-914_A-191_BDC484753.jpg

Back