What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Another week and I'll be gravitating from a 2015 GT w/HID tech package to the 2017 GT with LED headlights. The HIDs were a definite improvement over halogens. Curious how much, if any, improvement the LEDs will offer.

Did your​ HIDs turn with the steering wheel?!? Advantage, LEDs... LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The LEDs are amazing especially if you get the adaptive ones which have two rows of 12 that will automatically dip and avoid other cars. When they dip it is instant but when they go to main beam they gradually intensify until they provide very good coverage. The range increase with speed and at 70 you can see a very long way. See the attached pdf.

Hmmm, might have to wait until I'm sitting at my desktop for that pdf!

Tried to go to my oil change appointment yesterday.

Apparently dealer sold itself to another dealer (got bought out). Then they closed down and are moving to another location down a few blocks and reopening under a new name.

Did I receive an email or a call about this? No. Did I leave work early to go my appointment? Yes.

P.S. Denver area people...Mazda of Lakewood got bought out by McDonald Mazda and will be reopening as McDonald Mazda West.

I'm pissed. Part of the reason I bought my CX-5 at Mazda of Lakewood was because they gave me lifetime free oil changes. I called McDonald Mazda to reschedule and they told me they will not be honoring Mazda of Lakewood's lifetime free oil changes and that they wanted to charge me $59!

I raised hell since I left work early for a free change and no one called me to tell me my appointment was canceled. They told me they'd give me one free change and that was it while they "sort out the deal" with Mazda of Lakewood.

Shouldn't they have to honor any deals the old dealership had going for it's existing customer base? They are both Mazda dealership for ***** sake.

I think I just need to learn how to change my own oil. *Grumble grumble grumble*

Edit: there's no fine print to the deal. It's as simple as you buy your car here you get lifetime free oil changes for that vehicle (up to 3 a year). 4 years is not lifetime.

Last edited:

Apparently dealer sold itself to another dealer (got bought out). Then they closed down and are moving to another location down a few blocks and reopening under a new name.

Did I receive an email or a call about this? No. Did I leave work early to go my appointment? Yes.

P.S. Denver area people...Mazda of Lakewood got bought out by McDonald Mazda and will be reopening as McDonald Mazda West.

I'm pissed. Part of the reason I bought my CX-5 at Mazda of Lakewood was because they gave me lifetime free oil changes. I called McDonald Mazda to reschedule and they told me they will not be honoring Mazda of Lakewood's lifetime free oil changes and that they wanted to charge me $59!

I raised hell since I left work early for a free change and no one called me to tell me my appointment was canceled. They told me they'd give me one free change and that was it while they "sort out the deal" with Mazda of Lakewood.

Shouldn't they have to honor any deals the old dealership had going for it's existing customer base? They are both Mazda dealership for ***** sake.

I think I just need to learn how to change my own oil. *Grumble grumble grumble*

Edit: there's no fine print to the deal. It's as simple as you buy your car here you get lifetime free oil changes for that vehicle (up to 3 a year). 4 years is not lifetime.

That's unfortunate and really bad customer service from the new dealer.

Oh man! What a disappointment... Definitely not a good start or a warm fuzzy for this dealership. How close is the next closest Mazda dealership? Hopefully you realize that this is a dealer thing, and has nothing to do with Mazda.

My dealer gives a free 10 yr /100,000 mi powertrain warranty, and lifetime car washes with every new Mazda car they sell. When signing all the paperwork for the car, these extra promises by the dealer were detailed on separate forms and contracts. However as any of these extra promises go, they are solely between you and the dealership owner.

Oh man! What a disappointment... Definitely not a good start or a warm fuzzy for this dealership. How close is the next closest Mazda dealership? Hopefully you realize that this is a dealer thing, and has nothing to do with Mazda.

My dealer gives a free 10 yr /100,000 mi powertrain warranty, and lifetime car washes with every new Mazda car they sell. When signing all the paperwork for the car, these extra promises by the dealer were detailed on separate forms and contracts. However as any of these extra promises go, they are solely between you and the dealership owner.

Yep, I know it's a dealer, not a Mazda thing.

Just disappointed because that deal is what made me choose that dealer to buy my CX-5 from.

Since then, they have given me fantastic customer service too.

For now, the new dealer is not going to make any friends with the old dealer's customers if they are doing this, that is for sure. And I certainly won't consider using them when I'm in the market for a Miata.

yep, i know it's a dealer, not a mazda thing.

Just disappointed because that deal is what made me choose that dealer to buy my cx-5 from.

for now, the new dealer is not going to make any friends with the old dealer's customers if they are doing this, that is for sure.

Exactly!

Yep, I know it's a dealer, not a Mazda thing.

Just disappointed because that deal is what made me choose that dealer to buy my CX-5 from.

For now, the new dealer is not going to make any friends with the old dealer's customers if they are doing this, that is for sure. And I certainly won't consider using them when I'm in the market for a Miata.

Your beef is with the original dealer. If they are re-opening in another location, I'd take it up with them.

LOL We both shared the same video. Don't follow him exactly...there's another couple videos. I thought there was a write up here, too.

Dude makes a critical mistake: he takes the filter off without using the drain plug to drain the system first? Strange,,,

LOL We both shared the same video. Don't follow him exactly...there's another couple videos. I thought there was a write up here, too.

Dude makes a critical mistake: he takes the filter off without using the drain plug to drain the system first? Strange,,,

Doesn't make a difference. The same amount of oul8is still going to come out from both drains. I do the same thing bcause the 8mm hex ratchet wont fit the plug with it on.

Changed my oil, empty the catch can, replaced a fender liner put some distill water in the over flow tank and swapped the wheels front to back.

kLYwcgc.jpg

Doesn't make a difference. The same amount of oul8is still going to come out from both drains. I do the same thing bcause the 8mm hex ratchet wont fit the plug with it on.
Hmm. Just the way I've always done it. Never even occured to me to do it that way. Sure seems like it would be a lot messier...At least on my last car.

Hmm. Just the way I've always done it. Never even occured to me to do it that way. Sure seems like it would be a lot messier...At least on my last car.

I agree. Gotta be more messy taking the filter off first. Had many cars, done lots of oil changes. Ive always dropped the oil out first then the filter.

Back