What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed the factory all-weather mats, now that they finally showed up (FedEx shipping problem).

Ordered a mazdas247.com decal for fatso aka airwolf101 to "support the art" in Berlin.(rockon)

Ordered a mazdas247.com decal for fatso aka airwolf101 to "support the art" in Berlin.(rockon)

Wilkommen. Do you know about orange virus tuning? They have ecu tuning (custom tune with data logging, not an off the shelf tune or chip). And if you upgrade your intercooler with one performance one from Japan you can get big power gains.

What did I do for my CX-5?

Drove into Chicago yesterday and look what followed me home. (yippy)

MGalleryItem.php

MGalleryItem.php

Thanks!

Yeah, the Tech Package would have been nice but I wasn't willing to spring for the extra dough. Plus, in my mind, it's just another level of complexity and the more complexity the more chance of something breaking.

Thanks!

Yeah, the Tech Package would have been nice but I wasn't willing to spring for the extra dough. Plus, in my mind, it's just another level of complexity and the more complexity the more chance of something breaking.
I definitely can see your points and those are the drawbacks of getting the Tech Package. But the better night time vision and safety, and much better looking LED DRLs, are higher priority to us, hence the Tech Package.

BTW, make sure to turn on your oil life monitor by setting your oil change schedule into "Flexible" via Maintenance Monitor in infotainment. Double check the tire pressure (38 psi) including the spare (60 psi) would be a good practice too. Check all fluid levels too and I bet you'll find your oil level is at ⅔ between Add and Full marks of the dipstick, and engine coolant is also lower than the Full mark on the reservoir. (whistle)

Again, congratulations for your new ride!

6c3b3aff46828464282663a06bc225d9.jpg

Spent today on a three-hour exterior and interior detail. I also fitted the chrome window strips I bought from AliExpress but I've gone for just the lower strips for the moment, I think the whole window surrounds might look too tacky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely can see your points and those are the drawbacks of getting the Tech Package. But the better night time vision and safety, and much better looking LED DRLs, are higher priority to us, hence the Tech Package.

BTW, make sure to turn on your oil life monitor by setting your oil change schedule into "Flexible" via Maintenance Monitor in infotainment. Double check the tire pressure (38 psi) including the spare (60 psi) would be a good practice too. Check all fluid levels too and I bet you'll find your oil level is at ⅔ between Add and Full marks of the dipstick, and engine coolant is also lower than the Full mark on the reservoir. (whistle)

Thanks for the tips!

I agree on the coolness factor of the LED DRLs but I would almost never get to see them since I'm the one driving.

After reading reports of low factory oil levels on new CX-5s on this forum I asked my salesman for a bottle of the Mazda oil required by our Mazda before we left the dealership. He went back to the service department and came back with a bottle of Valvoline 0w-20 synthetic. I told him that was not the right oil for these cars. He told me that his service department only had the Mazda oil in 55 gallon drums and that the Valvoline would work. I took the bottle knowing that it wasn't the right oil. I checked the oil level before we left the dealership and it was spot on. I double checked in once we got home, perfect.

What's the recommended coolant for these cars? I didn't check that yet.

Last edited:
⋯ He told me that his service department only had the Mazda oil in 55 gallon drums and that the Valvoline would work.
That's common excuse for not having Mazda moly oil. But Mazda moly oil never comes with bulk 55-gallon drum but only in quart bottle. Besides the parts department at Mazda dealer will always have Mazda moly oil in stock or they can order it for you.

I had my service advisor at my Mazda dealer topped off my engine coolant on the other day with Mazda genuine FL-22 coolant. But when I went to parts I found there're three kinds of Mazda genuine coolant with FL-22 and they're expensive, ~$22 a gallon!

Spent today on a three-hour exterior and interior detail. I also fitted the chrome window strips I bought from AliExpress but I've gone for just the lower strips for the moment, I think the whole window surrounds might look too tacky.

Your car is always well turned out Richard. I liked following it on the UK forum but can't get on with the moderator.

Last edited:
Your car is always well turned out Richard. I liked following it on the UK forum but can't get on with the moderator.

I think perhaps that's part of the reason why things are so quiet on the UK forum! [emoji16] I'm just as active over here too.

Relocate the 12V & USB ports to rear passengers area 😎

I did a simple but an elegant DIY mod, relocated both ports inside the center box for easier access to the rear passengers to charge their smartphones or other gadgets! 😬

I'm trying to set my new CX-5s OCI to the flexible option but that option is grayed out. What's up with that?

ONLY 3 hours? That would be a quick detail for me. (lol2)

Today a cold 0' but very nice ride out to a gathering in Waren/Mritz with some CX-5 friends.

IMGP2500_zpsvix3i4xr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMGP2501_zpsjhtbxi08.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMGP2507_zpseo4uyeat.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
got a nice idea with these front spoiler flaps in multicolor paint - dark green/purple
image_zpsbx7ikdou.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpstgzydlc5.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sooo nice - 101

Last edited:
Nice gathering. Last time, when I have attended to one of these, it was, when I had a 95' Jaguar Vanden Plas.
I have build(parts from here) a 68' VW beetle(Kafer) in Romania and I have sold it, after 12 years. That car went to meetings like this.

Back