What have you done to your CX-5 today?

This is the reason I want my brand new car to have the least amount of miles as possible.

Working as a snotty nosed kid security guard, guarding cars straight from the boat during graveyard shift...took my share of parking lot redline joyrides in brand new s2000's still with protective stickers on them :) Didn't put no more than 1 mile on them so nobody knew!!

Got the flaps put on. The rear one is pretty big. Those pics posted above do not do justice.

Working as a snotty nosed kid security guard, guarding cars straight from the boat during graveyard shift...took my share of parking lot redline joyrides in brand new s2000's still with protective stickers on them :) Didn't put no more than 1 mile on them so nobody knew!!

What brands did you joyride and which did you like better?

I applied a glass screen protector on the infotainment screen. Perfect fit, worked like a charm the first time and no bubbles at all. It's probably helped by the fact that it was my second day with my Mazda.

They sell on Ebay, for Kenwood units as well. Is the same thing as for cell phones, just bigger.
I should install one of these to my Kenwood, since it has a shiny glass surface.

Cool. Don't see the point of one, but cool. LOL

Well...my 2014 definitely has some wear areas where I touch the screen the most over the past 5 years. But obviously not the same type of screen as the 2017's, so don't even think they make protectors (and it's too late anyway).

Plus I don't have a commander knob, so probably touch my screen a lot more than the rest of you fine folks. :)

*clicked the link then saw 'You purchased this item on Dec 25 2017.'* lol ...

BTW, I installed this on my '18 GT and fits perfectly with no bubble. The only thing you will notice is the screen got bit darker due to the some layer of anti glare they added so just bright up the screen a bit more to resolve it. It is very responsive also. Comes with a suction tool so it was very easy to install it without any fingerprint.

+1
Makes sense on a phone or tablet that might be dropped or easily scratched, but on the dashboard...?

The glass protector is sacrificial such that if it gets scratch by rings and things, you throw away the glass protector. The protector is really a defence against Murphy.

Most of the wear near my screen is on the plastic surface directly under it.

Went to clean the +/- terminals on my horns and put some battery terminal goop on the them and I found that the ground wire to one of my horns had split. The wire corroded to the point it came apart (1 little piece of rubber was holding it together). So I fixed that and added an additional ground to the loop to ensure max volume on the horns.

Went to clean the +/- terminals on my horns and put some battery terminal goop on the them and I found that the ground wire to one of my horns had split. The wire corroded to the point it came apart (1 little piece of rubber was holding it together). So I fixed that and added an additional ground to the loop to ensure max volume on the horns.
So you have rust problem on grounding of your CX-5 even in San Antonio?

How do you steam clean an engine.
I just wash what I can with rags to whatever I can reach. In the old days you could wrap the carb and alternator and hose it out.

Back