Frozen windows?

kardut

:
Virginia
:
'21 Sign. CX-5
Anyone else have problems with power windows not opening in sub-freezing weather? A couple of mornings my windows would not open until car was fully warmed up...about 5-10 miles into my trip. Not talking about when there was actual ice or frost on windows, but just cold. Wondering if this is a common problem or if some moisture got into power window assembly and freezes. ( it happens on all windows, though back windows typically unfreeze before front ones do.)

No, it definitely happens! Mine have done it a few times. I'm not sure if it will do any good, but I have some expensive Shin-Etzu grease that I'm going to put on the seals when it warms up a little. It really helped the window motion on my Miata. Pricey, but a tube of it should last the average person many years. It allegedly doesn't attract grit like other lubes can.

My goodness! Living in Wisconsin, this could be a big problem! We are sub-freezing about 1/3rd of the year.

My goodness! Living in Wisconsin, this could be a big problem! We are sub-freezing about 1/3rd of the year.

I'm with you! It's not that bad, though. No different than any car I've owned.

Back