P0301 Cyl 1 Misfire Problem

Well driving more with that knocking sound, i've noticed that at times if i tap the gas while the is going on it sometimes stops it, and if the sound isn't there pressing the gas sometimes it makes the knocking sound while i press the gas. Any suggestion?

Last edited:
Could it be one of my fuel injectors, since it started after i ran the seafoam through my tank and intake? Maybe it loosened some gunk and its causing it to click around making the knocking sound?

I'm stumped,... but I'm guessing that the injectors would give a much higher pitch sound,.. more of a click or ticking not a deeper knock sound. Can you get someone to work the throttle while you try to locate the source of the noise, or do you have to drive it to get the sound ?? What about disconnecting that vacuum line again to see if it stops the sound,... it probably won't run worth a crap but it might help zero in on the source of the sound ??

Ill try the vacuum line trick, asked my gf to listen to the sound she said it sounds like a clock ticking

I assume she means more of a wrist watch as opposed to a grandfather clock right?? I'd guess that an injector could make that kinda sound.
Maybe you could talk her into riding in the engine bay listening for the sound while you drive around with the hood up,.... then again that might not be a good idea.

Back