P0301 Cyl 1 Misfire Problem

Instead of starting a whole new thread for a similar issue i just wanted to add my problem and see if i can get some advice, I get an p0304 code no others, idling rough drives just fine no hesitation only when i come to a stop at a light, usually chill in neutral, too lazy to keep clutch pushed in ;p it drops to about 500rpm then acts like its going to stall then catches itself and remains at 500ish rpms until it dips down again which varies on time gap between the drop in rpms, i have replaced and checked the gapping in spark plugs, replaced the coils and all wires, checked for vacuum leaks took EGR off and cleaned it, replaced PCV valve, also replaced my air filter. Still gives p0304 for code and still idling rough i have a new IAC on its way, hoping thats the issue if not any Ideas?

Just a guess here but when ever my car starts to stumble a bit at idle, I know it's time for seafoam. You could have a partially clogged injector. Seafoam is fast cheap and easy.

Ouch well i gave it a try, no smoke my exhaust yet, also found a vacuum line not hooked up properly, so that also may cause an issue

^^He had a big backfire that blew his intake apart,... his air filter landed on the driveway. He ended up replacing his MAF sensor and everything worked out.

Well, i did it slowly no smoke came out and on the drive home from work i hear a knocking sound, not very loud but can be heard from my drivers seat =/

Was it there before?? I sure hope I didn't give you bad advise. Sometimes it loosens up stuff that was previously sludged up, then it starts to make a noise.

Has the P0304 code cleared now or still there? Strange you have a knock now, i too am a fan of seafoam i usually do it once or twice a year, i put 1/2 can in my gas tank and suck about 1/4 can up through the brake booster line, i have never seen big smoke from my tail pipe (just a little) when doing this though.

Please forgive me - but did you pour the seafoam in the oil crankcase (and then not do the oil change)?

This would cause knocking and no smoke out the exhaust....

Jus' sayin'...

Well, i did it slowly no smoke came out and on the drive home from work i hear a knocking sound, not very loud but can be heard from my drivers seat =/

there are multiple types of sea foam, right? The 'original' is the one you put through the vacuum system...and then they have a 'restore' like knock-off that goes in your engine oil for 100 miles or something...and you then change the oil...is that how it works? I've never used any of this stuff, just curious as i saw it on the store shelf the other day looking for rust removal crap...

^The 'original' seafoam can be used in the crankcase, gas tank or vacuum line. People usually use 1/3 of a can for each. They also have the same stuff in a spray can that comes with an adapter nozzle which clips onto the intake tube for easier application if the vacuum line isn't convenient. Then there is a 'transmission treatment' which is separate and different as well as a spray lubricant probably similar to PB-blaster (that's called deep creep). The 'original' liquid in the pour can is what is generally referred to as "Seafoam".

i used it in the vacuum line didnt do the crankcase thing, and for the code, its been on for a while and as of last night turned off without me resetting the code or the ecu. As for the knocking after listening to it for a while it doesnt sound like an engine/valve knock, its really only heard inside the car in the front 2 seats, and very faintly under the hood around my intake manifold, its very fast sounding and only lasts like 10-15 seconds then goes away and comes back at random

Last edited:
I personally think the issue was my vacuum line i found, coming from the VICS shutter valve actuator up to i believe a sensor thats above the big round thing thats next to the shock mount, i know that doesnt make much sense, but that vacuum like i guess got cut and was just sitting there >.< found that out my looking at this http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/supermazdatech/2011-01-13_212354_vac.gif and traced all the lines, once i did that and the seafoam, shes running great now other than the knock sound

^Well, over all it sounds like good news. The knock doesn't sound too critical either, just a matter of locating it.

Back