Need Some Advice on a Mazda 3 .... PLEASE HELP

jatt2life

:
Lexus, ES300
Hey guys how are you ... I'm looking into buying a 2004 Mazda 3 for the wiffy .. The car im looking at has 103,000 miles on it. It is automatic. Now my question is how reliable are those cars ? or should i look into different years cause these had to many problems? How are the transmission on these? Also what you guys think is a fair price to pay for this ? I'm buying it from a private seller ...

here are some pics of it

a4wj03.jpg

34hw67o.jpg

Last edited:
My other options are

2002 Toyota Solara I4 117k ...

2001 Infiniti I30T 106k ....

2002 Nissan Xterra 115k ...

1998 Honda Accord I4 117k ....

Last edited:
hmmmm, out of all those, i'd think the mazda would be your best bet. i've never owned a first gen mazda but my best friend did, and we drove that thing to almost 300k miles before it gave us problems that we couldn't afford to fix. not to mention it is the newest and least amount of miles. and i dont really know of any stock problems that every mazda has, so that has to be a good sign.

i hear the only time the tranny becomes any kinds of problem is when you start doing noticeable power upgrades. but as a daily driver the tranny should be fine for a while.
base model and not too many defects and from a private party, i'd aim for around $5k +/- $500

My opinion if I were in your shoes (take it for what its worth): I wouldnt have a problem buying if the owner took care of it...The gheto side mirror plates and all the little mods he's done would make me worried that he thugged it out and gave it hell...however these mods can also mean he loved it and took care of it. I'd ask about all maintenance and hopefully he has some documents, see if he "knows his sheot"...if he seems like an idiot i'd honestly look elsewhere.

Thanks guys .. Going to go look at it Thursday.

And as far as mods .. yeah i saw little ricey things he did lol .. but im just hopping everything checks out so i can finally be done with searching for a car lol. Only thing is our budget isn't much because her car was impacted by the hurricane we got in NY, and she really needs a reliable car for work/school. I'm hopping in year or 2 we can get her a nice car but as for now just need a clean daily.

lol yeah mazda was really in bad shape . as soon i hit gas didnt want to move ... and when it changed gears it was horrible .. ended up buying the I30T .. great condition .. loving it lol.. thanks everyone for your help

Back