Mazda Protege5 hatchback wheels vs Mazda Protege sudan wheels

Hello,

I recently ran into some trouble concerning replacing a bent a rim and busted a tire on my 2002 Mazda protege 5 i bought/ The rims were aftermarket and I would like to replace all of them with factory rims. No salvage yard around me has Protege5 hatchback rims however they do have 2002 mazda protege sudan rims. I was wondering would the rims from the sudan fit onto my protege5 hatchback. I am looking for 16 x 6 5 lug x 114.3 hi positive offset. The sudan rims match these measurements but I would like to know for sure w/o buying one.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Yup...they'll fit as long as it's the 5-lug setup. Mazda used the same 5-lug rims for the Protege Sedan and P5 (sans the polished aluminum ones).

All factory 5 lug protege wheels are same dimensionally, as mentioned...there are 2 version though...the original 5 lug wheels had a 'twist' spoke design, and the refresh added flat spokes...but all are 16 x 6, manufactured in Japan by Enkei, and weighed roughly 16lbs each (VERY good for factory wheels)...

Just know though...you are not limited to protege factory wheels...Nearly all mazdas of that time frame used the same lug pattern (mazda 3, mazda 6, RX-8, etc.), and maintained a fairly high positive offset...Although, some factory wheels were not 16" in diameter...I'm only saying this as it will broaden your search for used wheels, you may find some wheels from a different mazda for a better price and closer to your location, thats all...

I'm not sure where you are in the US...but i have a full set of stock Protege 5 twist spoke wheels that i'd be willing to sell...They're dirty, but in perfect shape otherwise (i barely ever had them on the car), and i'd price them accordingly...sadly, shipping is going to be the most expensive part depending on where you are...

Thank you for the fast replies everyone. Hopefully I will be able to find some cheaper alternatives that will fit since the rims from the hatchback are more expensive.

Installshield I am currently tight on money hence going to scrapyards and the need for new tires but I am interested in how much you would like for your wheels. Feel free to shoot me a pm with the price.

Broaden your search to ebay and craigslist too. A few years ago I picked up a set of Tribute wheels for $200 shipped off of ebay.

Back