1 tap, 3 blink turn signal

Here in Texas, 90% of the drivers don't even know what a turn signal is. I wanted to pull each of them over and give them a ticket >=[. It seems to be a nice feature, since the signal leaver is stiffer than what I'm used to, to turn it up and down full way each time.

Last edited:
Here in Texas, 90% of the drivers don't even know what a turn signal is. I wanted to pull each of them over and give them a ticket >=[. It seems to be a nice feature, since the signal leaver is stiffer than what I'm used to, to turn it up and down full way each time.

You a cop? yes i find the signal leaver way tighter than all my previous cars. Makes me don't want to signal. Most times I just tap it lightly so it goes right back.

I just took my 2014 CX5 Sport to the dealer to have them try to do it, and they said my vehicle "didn't have the correct module". I'm going to call them back and ask them to confirm with Mazda Tech that it's not possible, since this thread seems to indicate it should be, as does this one (EDIT: google "mazda personalization options educate dealer", I can't post links). Any suggestions on what to say to them to get them to check?

I too like the feature but think it should be like 5 blinks or so. 3 blinks is too short, might go unnoticed by other drivers. I use mine mostly when there is nobody to warn or that all others are sufficiently far from me. I don't see any problem if the blinker will go on longer than the lane maneuver.
The mechanical feedback of whether I've triggered this is too faint, would prefer if it would have been more positive feedback, so I don't need to look if the indicator is blinking.

Thanks Erik89GXL for resurrecting this thread which I somehow missed earlier. I was under the impression that this feature was either part of the GT or Tech package, neither of which I have. I just checked and my 2013 Touring came from the factory with this feature turned off. I suspect this is the case with most, if not all CX-5s. Anyway, I've come to really like this feature on my wife's 2013 Z4 BMW which we purchased used a couple of months ago and now I can enjoy it on my Mazda too!

I came across this option in the "vehicle" setting a few days ago. After reading the posts I understood what it meant. I set it to "on" mode, tried but don't quite like it. The blinks are too fast. Five blinks suits my driving style better...I am used to giving 3 to 4 seconds of warning signals before making a turn. I wish there are options to set the number of blinks.
I like and have 5 blinks on my GS which can be set from 3 to 5 or 7.
Maybe the dealer can set it to 5 blinks.

The 3 b link feature is also tied in to the Blind Spot Monitoring system on my 2015 Touring. If there's a vehicle in my blind spot when I hit the turn signal, I get an audible warning.

Regards:
Oldengineer

The 3 b link feature is also tied in to the Blind Spot Monitoring system on my 2015 Touring. If there's a vehicle in my blind spot when I hit the turn signal, I get an audible warning.
Yes, but it also does that with the regular turn signal actuation.

I emailed Mazda and got somebody to tell me that not all CX-5's have the Smart Turn feature. Apparently are some Sport models that have the correct module for it to be enabled using the M-MDS, but there are some that don't have it. Mine apparently is in that latter category.

Back