GPS not entering Night mode

P5stillalive

:
2013 CX5 GT AWD
We have to switch it from Auto to Night mode manually after the sun goes down. Might you all have some ideas?

Last edited:
That's exactly what it is. If the knob is turned all the way, it over-rides the dimming feature.

Yup. That was it
I also wonder why they chose not to illuminate all the other window switches and homelink buttons? It drives me nuts when I cant find the unlock at night.

Yup. That was it
I also wonder why they chose not to illuminate all the other window switches and homelink buttons? It drives me nuts when I cant find the unlock at night.

Probably cost cutting. Our Mazda3 has blue ambient lighting in several places where it lights up switches and the center console and it has rear headrests that flip forward when you pull a little tab at the side of them. Figure if they save even $25 a car by not putting those things on the CX5 that adds up if they sell 5,000 cars a month for 4 years (they could build a bionic man with the money they save). And if they added all the little things that everyone wants they'd price themselves out of the market. I'm okay with them just adding the things I want but everyone else probably isn't :)

even if it adds just a couple dollars, although they need to run power to them also, if it is just $2 and they sell 5,000 cars a month for 5 years between model changes that ends up being $600,000.

And as you noticed in my prior post I added something that I want to the list and the next person would add something different (paddle shifters?) and I'm guessing they probably have a price point they have to hit. But judging from the survey I got by email after I bought mine they are concerned with what people like and don't like about them so that is a very good sign for future cars from Mazda.

And in the end even though there are things I wish it had; I'm glad that unlike some car companies they spent more money on how it drives :)

Or that they didn't do like some brands have done in the past and put all the stuff but just make it so cheaply done that nothing works well or fits together right. Cadillac Deville from around 2005 anyone?

Latest posts

Back