Protege5 Front Right Motor Mount Problem

javestack

:
2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
So, I know there have been a LOT of posts about this motor mount. I seem to have seen a consensus that the MT and the AT use the same right front.

I just bought a DEA #A6481 right front from Rock Auto, pulled the old one out and dropped the new one on. While they look VERY similiar, the dimension of the arm cropping out of the round mount is very differnt between my OEM mount and my new one from Rock Auto... Pic below. Almost an inch of difference between them... You can see on the shank coming out of the mount how different the casting is. Seems pretty different to me...

Furthermore, the Mazda Parts list I have for the P5 lists them as different numbers, the MT is BL3K-39-06Y... But I can't find one of these anywhere for the life of me.

Anyone know where I can buy one?

WP_000118.jpg

Hmmm, that is strange....did you try mounting the DEA up or contacting Rock Auto? When I replaced mine last month I bought a Duralast from Autozone but it did not come with the mounting flange so I had to re-use my OEM. According to their website it would not fit the car but in real life it fit perfectly.

If you are looking to go OEM, contact Jason at OMP www.onlinemazdaparts.com

that right there is the difference between the automatic and manual mounts.

get an OEM mount from mazda.

I am going through the exact same problem right now. Bought all 4 mounts from one of those warehouse sellers on eBay. The arm is just simply too long! I have been contacting them for the past week, and it has been a real pain in the ass. They directed me to a local retailer who was supposed to have the correct one, but it didn't even contain the arm. So as of right now they are still searching for the correct length mount.

Back