2013 Hyundai Elantra Coupe vs 2013 Mazda 3

cburrell

:
2013 CX-5 Touring, 2016 Mazda 6 Sport
I can't stand Hyundai's because they are kind of insulting to a driving enthusiast, they are looks but no substances. I really haven't found anyone in the car world who likes their suspensions or transmissions. Their engineering chops lag far behind in these areas. This article just struck a cord with me, because this is what happens when a car company focuses on looks and tech gimmicks to sell cars, instead of actually focusing on the driving experience. Until Hyundai actually looks at the chassis design and the suspension design as part of what makes a car great, instead of an afterthought, they will continue to struggle to be sporty. It is pretty sad that a standard stock 3 can out handle and out maneuver most "sports edition" sedans in it's class. Getting behind the wheel of an Elantra, Civic, or Corolla, and then getting behind the wheel of a 3, just reminds me why most everyone in the car world, holds the 3's driving dynamics as the standard bearer for the whole segment of econo-cars.
http://reviews.cnet.com/coupe-hatchback/2013-hyundai-elantra-coupe/4505-10867_7-35558249.html

Back