Mazda dealer question please read. Thanks

Brad33

Banned
:
Mazda CX-5
Hi guys,

Next week I am picking up my new 2014 cx 5. I am having paint protection film applied to parts of the vehicle mostly the front of the car. My question is this, the salesman offered me this paint sealant package for $695 dollars that they use on the paint that cleans and shines as well as protects the parts of the vehicle not covered in film. I want to keep the car looking good, my question is do you suggest I have them apply the sealant to the paint? It is supposed to last up to 1 year, and helps bead water and repel dirt etc and I wont have to wax the car just wash it. They apply it by hand I was told its a professional product. Do you think its a good idea alongside the paint protection film?

Lastly, is a factory Mazda remote start a good idea? experiences anyone? Thanks.

No. Complete waste of money and big profit item for dealer. Just say no.

no on the sealant package, pretty much paying 695 bucks for someone to wax your car.

Buy it well worth the money, I would also go back to them every year to reapply film over the existing film until you get 5-6 solid layers of film for added protection. Good luck Brad.

Buy it well worth the money, I would also go back to them every year to reapply film over the existing film until you get 5-6 solid layers of film for added protection. Good luck Brad.
You've GOT to be kidding...on ALL counts!

...assuming the OP really isn't a troll as indicated from other threads. Sorry OP if you aren't a troll, it just seems like it.

No on the sealant -- as for the remote start, you live in MA so it might come in handy, personally I would rather have OEM auto-start if I needed it so I wouldn't have to have a second fob.

Why no on the sealant? The salesman showed me the product and I think it looks like a good product. Its only going to help right?

Brad don't listen to anyone else. Trust me, get the sealant and go back there every year to reapply the film until you get 5-6 layers maybe even 7. Your hood, bumper, roof will be impenetrable at this point. Don't be shy to ask the salesman if you can have protection film applied to parts of your body as well. It will only help in the long run, you can't go wrong with protection film.

Brad don't listen to anyone else. Trust me, get the sealant and go back there every year to reapply the film until you get 5-6 layers maybe even 7. Your hood, bumper, roof will be impenetrable at this point. Don't be shy to ask the salesman if you can have protection film applied to parts of your body as well. It will only help in the long run, you can't go wrong with protection film.

Get the body armor from the military, it is proven to hold up very well. Only kidding Brad, stay away from bogus sealants.

Your best bet for long term protection is to apply crazy glue liberally all over your car by hand.

OK; now I get it. As in "this schmuck has it coming!"

I don't trust such a thin layer of plastic to protect my precious vehicle so I get a custom "bra" made for every new vehicle I buy. The vinyl material is much thicker than those thin clear films and, since it is custom made, I don't stop at just the grill/lower hood area, I have them custom extend the "bra" into a full body suit. I have them cover most of the windshield too. Just remember to have them leave two windshield "eyeholes" to look out of and a small "porthole" in the back window. This is the only way to protect your investment. Most people don't realize how much value is lost due to those rock chips when they go to trade it in after 5 to 10 years of unprotected road warrior duty.

The full bodysuit "bra" is cheap protection at only $1200 or so (depending upon the car).

I welcome rock strikes personally, adds character.

Just say no, go out and buy some Klasse Sealant Glaze and apply that yourself. My dealer had it on the shelf in the parts dept, if they only knew lol I also use Klasse All In One regularly on my cars, great stuff not cheap though but is has preserved the paint on my other cars for 7 years.

From Consumer Reports:

Don’t  buy unnecessary extras, such as corrosion protection, paint sealant, fabric protection, and window etching of the vehicle ID number (VIN). You usually don’t need these services or can get them for less money later. Sometimes, VIN etching is pre-printed on the sales contract. But if you don’t want it, simply cross it out, decline to pay for it, and have them recalculate the total.

(lol2)(lol2)(lol2)

I don't trust such a thin layer of plastic to protect my precious vehicle so I get a custom "bra" made for every new vehicle I buy. The vinyl material is much thicker than those thin clear films and, since it is custom made, I don't stop at just the grill/lower hood area, I have them custom extend the "bra" into a full body suit. I have them cover most of the windshield too. Just remember to have them leave two windshield "eyeholes" to look out of and a small "porthole" in the back window. This is the only way to protect your investment. Most people don't realize how much value is lost due to those rock chips when they go to trade it in after 5 to 10 years of unprotected road warrior duty.

The full bodysuit "bra" is cheap protection at only $1200 or so (depending upon the car).

Invest in a good detail kit. i.e. random orbital buffer/pads and a good quality paint cleaner/sealant such as the Klasse twins (link below). This is far cheaper than what the dealer is offering.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/klasse-kit.html

Hi guys,

Next week I am picking up my new 2014 cx 5. I am having paint protection film applied to parts of the vehicle mostly the front of the car. My question is this, the salesman offered me this paint sealant package for $695 dollars that they use on the paint that cleans and shines as well as protects the parts of the vehicle not covered in film. I want to keep the car looking good, my question is do you suggest I have them apply the sealant to the paint? It is supposed to last up to 1 year, and helps bead water and repel dirt etc and I wont have to wax the car just wash it. They apply it by hand I was told its a professional product. Do you think its a good idea alongside the paint protection film?

Lastly, is a factory Mazda remote start a good idea? experiences anyone? Thanks.

Back