Anyone tried Non-Custom Seat Covers for your CX-5?

decal

I'm in the market for some seat covers for my CX-5 2014 but don't want to pay the custom price. Has anyone tried the non-custom seat covers for their CX-5? It doesn't matter if yours is a 2013, they should be similar. I just want to get an idea which brands are compatible with my car. Thanks in advance.

I found a set on eBay from seller oscovers8 that were listed as "semi-custom" fit that worked out pretty well especially since the CX5 wasn't listed as a compatible vehicle. The listing gave good measurements so I went ahead and bought the set for front & back. The front seats are a little snug on the backs as the fabric isn't loose to fit into the molded shape. However when you lean back on the seat it stretches so you do lean against the back of the seat. The front covers even have pockets on the back just like the CX5 seats! The back seat cover is zippered (and has extra pieces) so you can even use it with the split bench even if you have the 3-way split.

**Edited to add pics!
IMG_2553.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2556.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
pics added. Notes on the backseat; the covers for the headrests were a little big, but I usually keep those in the trunk anyway. I also un-clipped the middle seatbelt since it's extremely rare that I'd be hauling enough people to use it; but the cover does allow for it

Jeep seat cover-All Things Jeep.gif

My CX-5 has the leather seats. But for occasional use (when wearing dirty clothing, gym gear, tennis gear), I use "seat towels" on the fronts.

I found a set on eBay from seller oscovers8 that were listed as "semi-custom" fit that worked out pretty well especially since the CX5 wasn't listed as a compatible vehicle. The listing gave good measurements so I went ahead and bought the set for front & back. The front seats are a little snug on the backs as the fabric isn't loose to fit into the molded shape. However when you lean back on the seat it stretches so you do lean against the back of the seat. The front covers even have pockets on the back just like the CX5 seats! The back seat cover is zippered (and has extra pieces) so you can even use it with the split bench even if you have the 3-way split.

**Edited to add pics!
IMG_2553.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2556.jpg
[/IMG]

You, sir, have turned your car into a cartoon.

Cartoon cars are VW Bug (previous gen), Mini, Hummers, not the CX5, IMHO. A bright blue is available from factory for an exterior color, not for interior color.

I'm considering buying these...anybody buy these? Anybody know anything about Neosupreme?

Coverking Custom Fit Front 50/50 Bucket Seat Cover for Select Mazda CX-5 Models - Neosupreme (Gray with Black Sides)
Made from Neosupreme fabric for insulation, soft touch, and comfort
Neosupreme seat covers are water-resistant and are an affordable alternative to Neoprene
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
71GSqib8LdL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm considering buying these...anybody buy these? Anybody know anything about Neosupreme?

Coverking Custom Fit Front 50/50 Bucket Seat Cover for Select Mazda CX-5 Models - Neosupreme (Gray with Black Sides)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
71GSqib8LdL._SL1500_.jpg

Isn't this the same material used for scuba diving suits....errr wetsuits? Waterproof thus easy to clean yet doesn't burn you when left out in the summer sun?

Anyone have pictures of seat covers for the rear seat on a CX-5 2017-18 ??
I am wondering if the high end custom covers (e.g., Coverking, Wetokole) will allow the rear armrest/cupholder/storage to be used.
I already sent a customer inquiry to Coverking, will update when I hear back.

Thank you!

Im with you on that one as im looking for seat covers.

I have also found "oem" covers from the 17-18 Australia models. check out mazda.com.au
Theyre oem pricy though lol

I used to have the Coverking seat covers on my car. They fit very nice and tight. But when I took them off for cleaning, I found much more damage to my seat fabric from using the seat covers than I would have by not using them. They then went into the trash.

This one https://weizel.de/de/info/modifikationsmoeglichkeiten-der-sitzbezuege.html in the German forum they arrange right now for the 10th time a collective purchase minimum 10sets wich means already at least 90 have bought them and I don't know even one who was not absolutely satisfied with the product and the requested price-almost everything is possible of color stitching.........
And there is even more interesting stuff on Andi's website

Cheers 101

Last edited:
Back