In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338

Thread: Rockin's 2013 MZ3 Skyactiv Hatch M/T in VRM!

'13 Mazda3 / '13 Edge / Your Mom

Rockin's 2013 MZ3 Skyactiv Hatch M/T in VRM!

So, my 2011 Mazda6 lease was up, so I needed a new ride. I was first looking at something with more power, but money started becoming more of a factor, both up front cost and mileage. So, I took a skyactiv3 m/t hatch for a ride and decided that was it. So, I ordered one way back in October to make sure it would be around when my lease was up. I got to pick my color and options. I went with a touring hatch, manual trans, in velocity red mica. Only thing i added was the fog lights. Thought they were needed. Wish side skirts were an option, but they were only available to be added later by the dealership for way too much.
    On 1/14/13 it was at the dealership and I picked it up.

Here she is. (there is a lot more snow on the ground now)

Here she is all snug in her new home.

So, I haven't been driving her much since i still had the 6 and the weather has been crap. I just returned the 6 though because I'm sick of scraping it off every morning. (i still had about 6 days left on the lease) The 6 was a good car. I averaged 27.6 mpg with her. Probably better than my protege did. Better than my 5 for sure.

Got a lot of plans for the 3. Money is a bit tight right now though. But tint and floor mats are first on the list. Then, who knows.

And, here are some more pics I just took. Bone stock as she sits on 2/5/13.

Last edited by Rockin03mp5; 02-06-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    13 MZ3 // 13 Edge
    If you see spam.... REPORT IT! Fight the spam, don't eat it... or bump the spam threads.
    Audio stuff for sale!

We're Zoomin' You! Perro del Sol's Avatar

2003 MSP, Spicy Orange, 2004 Mazda 6 Hatch, 2004 Mazda 6 Wagon

Very Nice Pick Up!!! Subbed
    Last edited by Perro del Sol; 02-19-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    2003 MSP Spicy Orange #1151- "Zoom freakin' Zoom"

Injen CAI (black), Yellow Calipers G2 System, Carbon Fiber Tower Brace, Red Line MT-90 Tranny Fluid, Custom FMIC-Big 3 Racing , Motegi F-7 Wheels , wrapped in Yokohama Parada Spec II's 215/40/17, SU Complete set of Motor Mounts, BC Coilovers, Adjustable End Links (front & rear),Power Slot Rotors, Techna Fit SS Brake Lines, Cobalt Friction XR-3 and XR-5 Pads, Russell Speed Bleeders, Mishimoto Radiator, Haltech Platinum Sport 1000, Disco Potato upgrade
    ATE Super Blue Brake fluid, (Kosei K-1 TS (painted yellow) w/ Kumho V710's 225/45/17) & Enkei RPF-1's 17 X 8 Black w /Toyo 888's 235/40/17 or B F Goodrich R-1's-NASA Time Trials, Apexcone 6000K HID's, AEM UEGO Wideband, AEM Tru-Boost and Electronic Controller & Boost Guage & AEM Digital Oil Pressure Gauge , Turbosmart Black Dual BOV, Custom 3" turbo-back exhaust (Patel Engineering), Findanza Lightweight Flywheel and Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, Wiseco Pistons, K-1 Rods- NASA TTD #327 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

2013 i-Moto/MOCO Mazdaspeed 3-Crystal White Pearl-Bi-Color w/Tech Package-JBR Stage II Power Path SRI Intake ( White), Mishimoto OCC, JBR Tru-Torsion .250 "Fat Boy" RSB w/ Tri-Point adjustable end links, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Yellowspeed Coilovers, CP-e's Stage2 xFlex Wishbone Mount/Black, CP-e's TMIC, Autotech HPFP, COBB AP V3, JBR Shift Knob, Shifter Plate & Bushings, Camber Arms, EGR Delete, CP-e CBE w/ Black Tips

Thank you, and your's as well!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

I Alwayz Haz Ava Hottiez Akaveli's Avatar
    Donated: $20

{2002 Mazda Protege DX}[2004 Acura RSX Type S]

Looking good.

| F2 CAI | OBX CBE | Draxas Header | Cosworth BSD | BCC | Xenon |TRZ "Dog Bone" Rear Motor Mount | Monzta's Timing Mod | Medieval Lightweight ALT & WP | CPe Standback 2 | TechOne | TWM |

Got my windows tinted. 5% on the rear, 30% on the front.

Also, installed the child seats, and seatback protectors... well, that was a few days ago.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

a little photo from a coworker. the 2 pics were taken 30 minutes apart.

Added a "mod" to my keychain

and purchased something else for it. Pics of that when it comes in and is installed.

Contributor

11' Mazda 3i Touring

got my 13' mazda 6i skyactiv last saturday, and i love it. got my list of mods to be in the works. now just have to get the funds to bring them to life.

Got my package in today. JBR shift knob!

Yes, it even came with and easter gift. Silly car people. Anyways, this thing is pretty heavy. 680 grams if I remember.
    Here it is next to the stock knob.

Install was pretty easy and straight forward. Glad i had a deep socket for the adapter, but i don't think it is really necessary. A regular socket will do. The part that took the longest was getting it thread just right so the shift pattern was straight. I bet i had to thread, adjust, put on the knob, take it off, and adjust again 15 times.

This is my first experience with JBR, and it was a good one. Shipped the day after ordering (which i did on a sunday night), and arrived 3 days later. Good instructions and a solid product.

Installed pic

I like it so far. Seems to help with getting into gear. It just seems more confident, like, yeah, I'm going to go in that gear! Before it was a little more notchy feeling. Obviously it doesn't make that go away completely, but it seems smoother. Also, the large round size fits the hand really nice. Only complaint... is that it was colder this morning being that it was 30 degrees F. Obviously, being metal means it is going to be more temperature sensative.

Just a nice subtle change. Took advantage of their 10% off sale.

Been a while since i posted here... but i finally got some time to do some things with the car.

Corksport front plate
    Corksport interior leds
    Rokblokz mud flaps.

Ready for winter!

Nothing new to post. Just some pictures. Yay winter.

And a clean one.