Any idea who did the custom leather in these 5's?

P5stillalive

:
2013 CX5 GT AWD
Long time reader, first time poster. So I got my wife a new CX-5, sold my BMW Touring (she was just about to hit 200k) and now drive my her 2003 Protege 5.
We are the original owners and have put roughly 90k on her over the years and now that she is all mine, I want to make her perfect again. When we bought the car it came w/ a two tone leather interior. it has held up great but somehow developed a nice rip in the rear seat.

So, do you guys have any idea who might have been sourced to build these kits for the dealers?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have been looking to reupholster my drivers seat as well. No rips, but the leather has shrunk and has hardened leaving me wanting a little more luxury. I went on Katzkin's website and they do not offer any kits for the Protege. Am I missing something?

I have been looking to reupholster my drivers seat as well. No rips, but the leather has shrunk and has hardened leaving me wanting a little more luxury. I went on Katzkin's website and they do not offer any kits for the Protege. Am I missing something?

they might be discontinued, send them an email

There website is known to not have current info. They do indeed offer a protege kit as i have a friend with a Protege5 with Katzkin leather installed.

What color two tone are you looking for.. I have a complete setup that i bought as a spare to replace mine and just needed it. It's black and red and from katskinz... if youre interested ill post it in the forsale section and let you know.

What color two tone are you looking for.. I have a complete setup that i bought as a spare to replace mine and just needed it. It's black and red and from katskinz... if youre interested ill post it in the forsale section and let you know.

Im looking for just the rear bench in that color scheme. Would you part it out?

Back