Newbie from TN

MizzMP5

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Just wanted to say hey to everyone!

Been doing research on things to do to my MP5 and have found this forum to become pretty useful and helpful so decided to join! Just got done removing my side moldings and am looking into doing a few more mini visual modifications to my car. In the process of fixing some things on it as it keeps throwing codes...I am sure plenty of you have dealt with this as well lol. Once all is good and the check engine light stops coming on and throwing codes I want to get more into the performance end of my modifications. Having issues finding the perfect way (that won't hurt my bank acct) to get more hp and better performance out of my MP5. Hopefully I can find more ideas and tips from you guys and maybe even some inspiration to do other things. Or tips on things I already have lined up lol. Currently working on shaving a lot of my car such as badges, side markers, and even my luggage rack. After that I want to get a paint job. I am a big DIY-er and will take on doing pretty much anything. Its cheaper, I find it very fun, and plus the outcome is always more rewarding and you get this certain sense of pride when you do the work yourself. I know it can't just be me that feels that way lol.

Hope to meet some other MP5 owners that are as into their car as I am and that I can share my progress with, get advice/tips, and maybe even give out my advice and/or opinions.

Oh and any advice on re-sizing images to use as my profile pic and avatar would be great lol thanks in advance!! lol

Here's a photo of my car during the process of removing my side moldings...needs to be washed I know...but again this was during the process..not what I left it looking like ;p lol (hope the photo works)

22771-mizzmp5-albums-working-progress-picture5993-just-got-done-taking-molding-off-you-can-tell-still-had-remaining-adhesive-remove-photo-wash-buff-compound-next-mini-project.jpg

use a host like photobucket to post pics, it's a lot easier. If you post pics directly off of your computer, they may work but eventually they will stop working. Welcome to the forum!!

Might be bc they haven't been approved yet..I just used the url from the photos I put on my profile album is all...other then that idk why it wouldn't show to you guys...personally I can see it lol

copy the photo URL into this "
" or just copy the IMG code.

I tried putting photos in photobucket and using those links and all, but none of them seem to work...the ones its accepts says the files are too large and I am having issues resizing the photos to fit....pretty annoying lol

8b545a59-b36c-4cbe-9403-df97f22b5f53_zps446399e2.jpg

ResizedImage_1359805783337_zpscdd65326.jpg

Maybe these images will turn up...??? This was right after I got done shaving the side moldings

Last edited:
how big are these? are you shooting in raw?

You can resize pictures in Photobucket. just edit them in photobucket so you don't have to mess with the originals.

Here's a couple of questions for you guys....

(1) What is the proper way to shave the side markers (the reflectors)...I had found a way that someone had done it, and it was really cheap to do, however after further research, it isn't an effective way nor the smart and good way to do this

(2) What all do you do to prep your car to paint it? (Full color change)

Back