2013 CX- 5 - Touring awd -problem with the HID headlamps with auto leveling

Hey all I have been following this thread. I have Cx5 2015 touring w/ tech package. The HID low were too low! High beams were a joke! Took it into the dealer, they seem to have adjusted the low's a little higher. The high's are still only aprox 6" higher way out! What a joke! My wife's Lexus 09 RX350 way better! My son's Honda civic lights way better! We drive through deer, and elk country at night this is unacceptable! Extremely unsafe. I'm following this one close!

Headlight adjustment

Hey all I have been following this thread. I have Cx5 2015 touring w/ tech package. The HID low were too low! High beams were a joke! Took it into the dealer, they seem to have adjusted the low's a little higher. The high's are still only aprox 6" higher way out! What a joke! My wife's Lexus 09 RX350 way better! My son's Honda civic lights way better! We drive through deer, and elk country at night this is unacceptable! Extremely unsafe. I'm following this one close!

I also have a 2015 Touring with tech package. I see the up and down adjustment. But I do not see any place to insert a
phillips screwdriver to turn anything to adjust?
What am I missing?

Thanks

I also have a 2015 Touring with tech package. I see the up and down adjustment. But I do not see any place to insert a
phillips screwdriver to turn anything to adjust?
What am I missing?

Thanks

Its very easy to adjust.
Per the above post.
i-vqKNhpN-L.jpg

I used Daniel Sterns specs for adjusting the lights, I've used this with great success in the past also http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html note the DOT letters on your headlights.

Using my garage door I marked the positions with blue painters tape, and adjusted the headlights up higher.
It made a big different to our nighttime driving.

These lights are set way too low from the factory.

Headlight adjustment

Post #38 says the adjuster has a white cap on it.

I see the white cap; I just do not see anyplace to stick the screwdriver into for the adjustment.
the picture shows the srewdriver being inserted down into the place where the white cap is??

Thanks

I see the white cap; I just do not see anyplace to stick the screwdriver into for the adjustment.
the picture shows the srewdriver being inserted down into the place where the white cap is??

Thanks

Try shining a flashlight on it, or putting a screwdriver in there and see what happens? I have a 2015 GT with tech and adjusted mine no problem, though a longer screwdriver would've helped.

headlight adjustment

Try shining a flashlight on it, or putting a screwdriver in there and see what happens? I have a 2015 GT with tech and adjusted mine no problem, though a longer screwdriver would've helped.

Either mine is different or I am looking at the wrong thing. There is a white plastic cap and I see a small toothed metal
wheel inside but no phillips head screw anywhere.

Thanks

Either mine is different or I am looking at the wrong thing. There is a white plastic cap and I see a small toothed metal

Thanks

That's it, the metal teeth. You can use a phillips screwdriver on those. They'll rotate the white plastic cap.

Thanks

Here because I'm a nice guy, I took some pics for you :)

Drivers side
i-N7nHVN2-L.jpg

Insert a philips head screwdriver gently into these teeth.
i-6SWqVtN-L.jpg

Passenger side
i-BS8hsr7-L.jpg

Same here
i-kmwQfmZ-L.jpg

Here because I'm a nice guy, I took some pics for you :)

Drivers side
i-N7nHVN2-L.jpg

Insert a philips head screwdriver gently into these teeth.
i-6SWqVtN-L.jpg

Passenger side
i-BS8hsr7-L.jpg

Same here
i-kmwQfmZ-L.jpg

Thanks a lot. now I see. I was looking for a phillips head screw. Instead the screwdriver fits into the metal teeth
and turns them.

Thank you very much I appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot. now I see. I was looking for a phillips head screw. Instead the screwdriver fits into the metal teeth
and turns them.

Thank you very much I appreciate your help.

Thanks pdx for the pics and everyone else for the info, I can't see squat at night and will do this tomorrow

Hi PDXA4
The pictures were perfect and it helps to ID the location. Can you or someone help on which direction will move the HID up and which direction is down?
My guess from looking at the picture, standing in front of the car looking down:
- Driver side turn towards the car (anti clockwise) is down. Turn away from the car (clockwise) is up.
- Passenger side turn away from the car (anti clockwise) is down. Turn towards the car (clockwise) is up.
IS this correct? Please confirm. Thanks!

My question is can the high beams be adjusted separately from the HID low beams? Thanks in advance!! I'm out driving the high beams at night!! Dealer didn't fix on the last service.

Back