timuhai's Laser Blue Mica p5 thread

this is a good build pretty in sync with my build the only difference is i havent installed my racing beat and clunk fix...and yeah i installed my twm short shifter with corksport rubber and bronze oil bushings as well as the 3rd link and it feels amazing way more fun to drive the car. i do want to get some lowering springs and new struts but im gonna change some stuff out like tie rods and bushings before i lower it

this is a good build pretty in sync with my build the only difference is i havent installed my racing beat and clunk fix...and yeah i installed my twm short shifter with corksport rubber and bronze oil bushings as well as the 3rd link and it feels amazing way more fun to drive the car. i do want to get some lowering springs and new struts but im gonna change some stuff out like tie rods and bushings before i lower it

Nice, what suspension bushings are going to replace? I have a set of tokico blues and springs I'm waiting to install ..

Any clunking with the rear sway bar?

Nope, no clunking. Not sure what happens with them where they clunk..

I already did both inner and outer tie rods but need to change endlinks and control arm bushings

Car looks clean man! Usually I stray away from mods/colors that don't look stock, but I think the white rims suit the car nicely.

Would you guys say the clunking is what a normal person would describe as "squeaky springs?" I have the rear sway bar and over bumps I get a lot of squeaking out of the rear end, but I figured it was the sway bar bushings. This "clunk" has me intrigued though as I have read about the fix before, but never a great description of what the clunking is.

it sounds as if the springs themselves are moving. kind of a clunk/squeak sound

Hmm weird. You are lowered, correct? My fronts do that a little, but I have pretty worn stock suspension. Hoping when I switch it out, ill fix that..

yeah im lowered. ill be under the car this coming week, ill have to knock on a few things and hopefully find the culprit!

I say ecu... I did mine around the same time I did the ecu then a few days installed ms axel back, you can tell the difference with the ecu, I liked driving my car more after the ecu and after the short shifter I love driving my car :)

I say ecu... I did mine around the same time I did the ecu then a few days installed ms axel back, you can tell the difference with the ecu, I liked driving my car more after the ecu and after the short shifter I love driving my car :)

Yeah I keep reading that...what did you notice was the best improvement with the ECU?

Smoother acceleration and it seems like a slight faster acceleration but it might be just cuz it's smoother. Stock it felt like the p5 struggles at times to accelerate with this it's like kicking it in the butt :) it's definitely worth it but its up to you and what your priorities are. But don't expect to notice a huge difference just a pleasant difference just like every other bolt on they all add up...definitely do it no matter if its now or later...hope that helps

Smoother acceleration and it seems like a slight faster acceleration but it might be just cuz it's smoother. Stock it felt like the p5 struggles at times to accelerate with this it's like kicking it in the butt :) it's definitely worth it but its up to you and what your priorities are. But don't expect to notice a huge difference just a pleasant difference just like every other bolt on they all add up...definitely do it no matter if its now or later...hope that helps

Cool, thanks! I just ordered one! (cheers2)

Pretty excited for it!

Roof racks

Here's just a few photos of the p5 and anything done to it -

When I first got it
wNPsr6l.jpg

Stock stereo is awful...got a new set up going
3Js6Gxj.jpg

new tires
wm0eBoB.jpg

Hey man what brand and model are those roof racks excactly? Been looking all over for some for mine cheers? If you need email me at kaylebgiblett@gmail.com

Back