Here's just a few photos of the p5 and anything done to it -

When I first got it
wNPsr6l.jpg

Stock stereo is awful...got a new set up going
3Js6Gxj.jpg

new tires
wm0eBoB.jpg

Last edited:
looks good, welcome fellow laser blue! there are only few of us... off the top of my head I can only think of two or three active members aside from myself with laser blues

Is the sport exhaust worth the $180-$200 it costs for it?

I think I paid less for it...but I really like it. Its not going to give you big power gains but I'm not really going for that. New exhaust systems aren't really ever cheap in my experience...just depends on what you value I suppose.

vFxfufs.jpg

TWM short shifter installed. Like everyone else said, this shifter is incredible! Shifts are now very short, direct and notchy. Great mod! (2thumbs)

ahh nice too see hear of a stl fan in chitown. i havent been on here in a while, but had to get on to figure out some codes the ol lady was throwing at me. i mihg thave to update the thread here shortly!

oh and to not thread jack, im super jealous of your twm shifter.

Welcome and a nice intro. Happy modding and enjoy the ride. She's a beaut! :)

I typically run 34-36 psi on all four tires. I had the same size tires for about two years, but now I'm running bigger wheels still with the same psi range.

ahh nice too see hear of a stl fan in chitown. i havent been on here in a while, but had to get on to figure out some codes the ol lady was throwing at me. i mihg thave to update the thread here shortly!

oh and to not thread jack, im super jealous of your twm shifter.

Lots of my relatives are from southern illinois, actually. Half of my family is cubs fans, the other half is cardinals fans. Makes for interesting get togethers.

Anyway, you should update it! And thanks, I highly recommend that shifter...

Welcome and a nice intro. Happy modding and enjoy the ride. She's a beaut! :)

I typically run 34-36 psi on all four tires. I had the same size tires for about two years, but now I'm running bigger wheels still with the same psi range.

Thank you! I'm running 36psi currently. I think it was more confusing at first, because the tires are a little bigger compared to the oem size, so they look like they are under inflated or something. Rides great though! I'll probably get some spring/summer/fall wheels this summer, and then put these tires on those, so they will probably fit a little better.

how much shorter is the height of the shifter? im debating on whether to get one or not

how much shorter is the height of the shifter? im debating on whether to get one or not

I'm not sure exactly, I could measure if you wanted. However, the magic in the short shifter lies where it shortens the length of the throws. You aren't pushing and pulling the shifter so far forwards and backwards, and it also feels nice and tight/notchy, instead of all rubbery.

Makes driving the car on a daily basis more fun!

7VLZZsW.jpg

Rear sway bar installed! I'd have to say that I think the best 2 mods to do to this car would have to be the short shifter and the rear sway bar. Any time I drive the car, a huge improvement is noticed.

fmKLW2J.jpg

Also plasti dipped my wheels white for the heck of it....looks pretty cool I think...

I got my tokico kit in , but i'm waiting on the strut mounts before I install them.

I like the wheel color, I'm considering dipping my 17" mazda3 wheels white on my laser blue for the summer.

I like the wheel color, I'm considering dipping my 17" mazda3 wheels white on my laser blue for the summer.

Thanks! You should do it! Just peel it off if you don't like it... I thought it would be too flamboyant of a color honestly, maybe attract too much attention to myself, but I actually think it matches the car quite well. Little bit of a rally look too it. (lol2)

Well, I got rid of the white plasti dip. It is extremely difficult to get dirt and dust off of it, due to the texture and nature of the coating. I'm thinking about possibly painting my stockers with some duplicolor wheel coating...Either graphite or bronze. Some examples I found:

Graphite

nBuH8nd.jpg

7L9SEBc.jpg

or Bronze

TbQ2MbE.jpg

vl24TrB.jpg

I think both look pretty nice. I'm not sure how big of a PITA this is to do, though. Maybe I'll just wait til summer and buy another set of wheels...I do like the slipstreams a lot.

Any thoughts?

Well I threw an evap leak code a few weeks ago, and it's back again. The first time I threw the code and got it checked by autozone, I looked under the hood and noticed the hose that goes from the intake tube to the crank case was disconnected. The end connected to the intake hose fell off. I re connected that, and noticed that this little piece circled:

mmSIB42.jpg

Had a crack in it. I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and wrapped it in electrical tape, but I am not sure if it is working. I'm not sure why the intake hose would throw and evap leak code, but I never had any issues until that hose was disconnected, so I think I will try replacing the intake hose and see if that fixes the problem...

Back