New rear KYB's (APX Sensen shocks suck!!)

Davicho

:
ZoomZoom
So I just installed rear KYB shocks on my ride. Wow! These should have been what Mazda initially installed on our Mazda5s. They feel great and nice and sturdy. Not super stiff but definitely a nice firm ride.

So with this said, I have concluded that the APX Sensen rear shocks have beaten out OEM Mazda shocks in poor quality. I decided to bite the bullet and buy a set of these shocks. I installed them and they went out in 10k miles. So I called APX and they sent out a new set under warranty. I figured I probably got a bad batch...nope!! The new set went out in the same amount of time. My MZ5 is not dropped and there is usually 1-3-5 people in it from time to time. A flag should have risen when I asked them if they wanted the old ones back and they told me to just throw them away. They didnt leak and they still somewhat felt like they were doing their job but the got noisier progressively and very fast.

The front APX Sensen seem to be holding up fine so far after 20k miles. I'll probably replace them at 40-50k with KYBs if not before depending on how long they survive.

Back