1st Time MP5'r

VanMan28

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hi everyone,

I just purchased my first MP5 last weekend from a public auction. 2003 Protege5 5spd,classic red, every option incl leather and with 67,600Km's (42,250Mi). Car is in pristine shape and so far I have been very impressed. Looking to use this forum as a knowledge base for any future problems, and maybe some perf mods. I'm coming from a 02 Sentra SER Spec-V and I already miss the torque, can't wait to give this MP5 some more juice (wink).

Welcome to the forum.

The Red color and the Yellow are basically single stage paint.

If you notice it is starting to look semi gloss, then I suggest a front to rear clay and then wax. (Detailing)

Welcome and great find with such low mileage!!

I/H/E are your typical bolt-ons but don't look for any huge increases with that. Some have fully built an NA engine while most prefer to boost but gotta watch your PSI...our stock internals don't like being pushed too far. ;) A few others have swapped the FSDE out for the KLDE 6cyl which mounts right into the bay but requires some re-wiring amongst other things. Check out the Protege5 section and you'll see some various build threads for all three to give you some ideas.

For what the car lacks in Oomph, it makes up for in handling....even in stock form. I'll be the first and many others will tell you the same....work on the suspension first. That will be sure to bring some smiles to your face while you work on the 'torque issue'. lol

Back