Interior Illumination

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring, Metallic Liquid Silver
So I have a question about something that's been driving me crazy since I bought my CX-5 Touring 3 weeks ago, that I love by the way :) ...Well, to start there are a few things that aren't quite right that I need to talk to the dealer about so I'm making a list and potentially one of those items is this...Should any or all of the interior map lights illuminate when the liftgate is opened? I know that there is a switch light in the luggage compartment that you can set to turn on when the liftgate is opened, but I feel like the map lights should illuminate as well...I can't find anything in the manual other than something that implies they should...in the section about safety features it says, "if any doors or the liftgate are left open, the interior lights will automatically go off after about 30 seconds" (the time can be changed). Unless it's referring to the luggage compartment light...Has anyone else experience the same or does have their interior map lights go on when the liftgate is opened? Please let me know! Thanks!

I've never noticed my map lights go on when opening the rear gate. They are usually separate from what I've seen in cars I've owned; passenger doors turn on interior lights, or back gate turns on the trunk lights.

Actually, I stand corrected! I double checked this morning and noticed that when I open the rear gate, all map lights turn on.

Thank you so much for your response! I'm glad I know that because initially I mentioned it to someone in sales at the Mazda dealership I got the CX-5 from and he said he didn't think they were supposed to go on, but my intuition said otherwise, so I'm glad I got confirmation :). I appreciate your help!

No problem! I love how when people at dealerships dont know something, they just automatically go with "I think it's supposed to be like that."

Speaking of interior illumination, at night do all the buttons on your doors light up? The only one that lights up in mine is the driver side window button. It's pretty annoying at night when I go to pick up my fianc, realize the doors are locked, then cant find the correct button to unlock doors.

Speaking of interior illumination, at night do all the buttons on your doors light up? The only one that lights up in mine is the driver side window button. It's pretty annoying at night when I go to pick up my fianc, realize the doors are locked, then cant find the correct button to unlock doors.

nope, thats it

No problem! I love how when people at dealerships dont know something, they just automatically go with "I think it's supposed to be like that."

I set my autolock to unlock in Park and lock in gear, just remember to put it in park (I think is safe option)for people to get in/out.

In order for the rear to illuminated while the hatch is opened you just need to remember to turn the luggage light on and it will turn off automatically when the rear hatch is closed.

In order for the rear to illuminated while the hatch is opened you just need to remember to turn the luggage light on and it will turn off automatically when the rear hatch is closed.

Thank you :), I have actually done that. I was more referring to the other interior over head lights and just wanted to make sure that everything was working the way it should so I have a complete list of items for the service people when I take it back to the dealer for fixes...good times! uhl...

Thank you :), I have actually done that. I was more referring to the other interior over head lights and just wanted to make sure that everything was working the way it should so I have a complete list of items for the service people when I take it back to the dealer for fixes...good times! uhl...

I am not sure what the deal was when I answered last, but this time I opened the hatch and the front overhead lights didn't go on, just the hatch lights on the sides. Figured I'd mention... most likely, your interior lights are normal. As for the 1 lit up door button thing... I'm a bit annoyed with that, not only does it seem stupid but also just a cheapy design choice by Mazda (especially for people who upgraded to GT interior).

Do we have a light under our hood? Can't seem to find the $1.99 feature, Mazda.

I haven't researched the owners manual yet, but I have yet to find a instrument cluster dimmer switch (not that it's too dim or bright, just haven't sen one). Anyone else notice that, or for that matter know if there is one or not. This is the 29th vehicle I've owned and I think might be the first not to have one. LOL Are dash dimmers going away like engine compartments lights??? I'll look in the book one day when I'm bored, was just curious if anyone knew off hand.

And if you turn the knob all the way to the right, the dash display, nav screen, etc (if you have it) will lock on bright, daylight mode.

I am not sure what the deal was when I answered last, but this time I opened the hatch and the front overhead lights didn't go on, just the hatch lights on the sides. Figured I'd mention... most likely, your interior lights are normal. As for the 1 lit up door button thing... I'm a bit annoyed with that, not only does it seem stupid but also just a cheapy design choice by Mazda (especially for people who upgraded to GT interior).

If your doors are locked and you have to unlock them first to open the hatch, then the map lights will be on from unlocking the doors, but will go off. Maybe that's what you did the first time? If your doors are unlocked already and you go to open the hatch only the back trunk light will go on. I guess it's okay, but it's still annoying. I want them all to go on for better illumination :).

Back