Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

Authorized Vendor

CX-5 Diesel

Hello All...

Has anyone changed out the reversing light globes..?? If so, was it a positive more?

Thanks..!!

Registered Member

'15 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sassimac View Post
    Hello All...

Has anyone changed out the reversing light globes..?? If so, was it a positive more?

Thanks..!!
    I had some LED bulbs from my old car that fit. They're not brighter, just whiter.
    '14 CX-5 GT AWD Tech Package, Crystal White Pearl
    '07 Mazdaspeed6, traded in for a '15 CWP WRX Limted on 12/5/2014.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sassimac View Post
    Hello All...

I am following this thread with interest. Especially for the DRL. The only concern I have before actually purchasing a set, is which ones?

At this stage, is there a single preferred brand or model for the DRL LED's on a Tech Pack vehicle?

Many Thanks.
    See post # 35 in this thread. I am very happy with these, bought primarily because I was cheap, and have had good luck with Cree LEDs with respect to high luminance usage on other items (non automotive), realizing, of course, that the electronics behind the LEDs are also crucial.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD Soul Red

Since I don't have this car yet and might be buying one soon, just wondering how many bulbs do I need for full LED interior + license?
    2(?) map light - 31mm
    1(?) dome light - 31mm
    1 cargo/trunk light - 31mm
    2 license plate - T10
    ?? mirror/vanity light

Am I missing anything?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by runtohell121 View Post
    Since I don't have this car yet and might be buying one soon, just wondering how many bulbs do I need for full LED interior + license?
    2(?) map light - 31mm
    1(?) dome light - 31mm
    2 license plate - T10
    ?? mirror/vanity light

Am I missing anything?
    These are the incandescent types/ratings

2 map lights (center front; 31 mm festoon, 8 watt)
    2 dome lights (center; 31 mm festoon, 8 watt)
    1 cargo/trunk light (31 mm festoon. 5 watt)
    2 license plate lights (194 T10, 5 watt)
    2 mirror vanity lights on some models (TBD type, 2 watts)

I don't know the vanity lights because I stopped the project being unsat with the color temp and brightness of the LEDs I purchased (too low luminosity, a little too blue). I don't think I would ever change the vanity lights anyway because incandescent lighting is softer and better for a woman's makeup...that is unless the LEDs got really good, (bright and 2700-3000K, sort of difficult for LEDs to do).

Registered Member

Mazda CX5

What is the best way for me to add LED lights to my daylight running lights (DRL) and headlights? I'm thinking about tapping my DRL and headlight wires. Another option is to run a power source through the fuse box. Do you guys have any ideas you can share?

Registered Member CX-5tormtrooper's Avatar

CX-Triton

Quote Originally Posted by Chas View Post
    I don't know the vanity lights because I stopped the project being unsat with the color temp and brightness of the LEDs I purchased (too low luminosity, a little too blue). I don't think I would ever change the vanity lights anyway because incandescent lighting is softer and better for a woman's makeup...that is unless the LEDs got really good, (bright and 2700-3000K, sort of difficult for LEDs to do).
    http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-hi-pow...ight-bulb.html

These are the vanity lights I bought, they're pretty bright, seem white enough for me, I'll try to take pics next time.

Wheels, not rims... SayNoToPistons's Avatar

CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'

Quote Originally Posted by runtohell121 View Post
    2(?) map light - 31mm
    1(?) dome light - 31mm
    2 license plate - T10
    ?? mirror/vanity light

Am I missing anything?
    Check first post..
    2013 Mazda CX-5 Daily - GT, Tech Pack, AWD, Black Mica, Sand/White Interior, LED everrrryyything, Morimoto XB LED Foglights
    2004 Mazda RX-8 Driveway/AutoX Queen - KW Varient 3 Coilovers, Cobb AP + Tune, Progress Tech Sway Bars, Enkei RPF1 + RE11 in 275, Greddy Evo TT Catback, BHR catless midpipe, BHR coils, BHR motor mounts, Racing Beat intake snorkel, AF Short Throw Shifter, etc etc.

These are the incandescent types/ratings

2 map lights (center front; 31 mm festoon, 8 watt)
    2 dome lights (center; 31 mm festoon, 8 watt)
    1 cargo/trunk light (31 mm festoon. 5 watt)
    2 license plate lights (194 T10, 5 watt)
    2 mirror vanity lights on some models (TBD type, 2 watts)

Thanks! That's way more 31mm festoon bulb than I thought lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons View Post
    Check first post..
    First post only posted the size, not the amount of bulbs needed, or at least I didn't see it after reading the first post...

Wheels, not rims... SayNoToPistons's Avatar

CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'

Open your vanity mirror cover... Check how many lights you see...

To all, I suggest you take a look at the lights you're replacing before you even think about buying replacements for them. It's like buying light bulbs for your house without even bothering to look at what application and how many.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5tormtrooper View Post
    http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-hi-pow...ight-bulb.html

These are the vanity lights I bought, they're pretty bright, seem white enough for me, I'll try to take pics next time.
    Wow, thanks. These are incredibly inexpensive for high power lights from VLED. I usually pay through the nose for the high power stuff, but VLEDs has been the most reliable of the internet sites that I could find over the years.

Registered Member CX-5tormtrooper's Avatar

CX-Triton

Wow, thanks. These are incredibly inexpensive for high power lights from VLED. I usually pay through the nose for the high power stuff, but VLEDs has been the most reliable of the internet sites that I could find over the years.
    I am a huge fan of V-LEDS, so far I am loving their CREE P13W's, no issues so far unlike with the iJDM LED ones.

Here are pics of the vanity LED's, well worth the price in my opinion.

Authorized Vendor

CX-5 Diesel

Hello All...

I'm starting to think I made a bad choice ordering from iJDMtoy. I was emailed a PDF which requests details of my shipping address and a copy of my ID for verification. There is no hope in Hell I am going to supply anyone online from another country with a copy of my personal ID with signature and address...!!!!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Quote Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons View Post
    Open your vanity mirror cover... Check how many lights you see...

To all, I suggest you take a look at the lights you're replacing before you even think about buying replacements for them. It's like buying light bulbs for your house without even bothering to look at what application and how many.
    Like I mentioned before, I didn't have the car in hand. I test drove the car, pay for a car, and it will be delivered to the dealer next day. However, I still don't have the car due to some issues with the dealer. If I had the car already, I would not be asking how many lights there are.

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5tormtrooper View Post

Looks great!

Authorized Vendor

CX-5 Diesel

Hello All...

Well my order with iJDMtoy has fallen Through. I cancelled it due them wanting a signed form with identification from me to confirm my delivery address. No way am I about to compromise my identity for a company in another country..!!!

Anyway...

Now that I'll use Vleds for my purchase, can anyone advise me as to what Can-Bus proof means? Do I need to order these lights for the reverse lights and number plate?

Thanks..!!!

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast