Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

Registered Member

CX-5 2.2d 175 AWD, Sport NAV Auto, Safety Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Colin175 View Post
    I just got these on Ebay in UK http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2612156826...84.m1439.l2649 and http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2708105136...84.m1439.l2648. The bulbs are PY21W for the front and WY21W for the rear.

They haven't arrived yet so i can't tell you if they are any good. It says Error Free so hopefully all will be ok.
    They arrived and don't work. They flash at double speed like there is a bulb out. Will be sending back.

Also got some rear/brake LEDs and they a stuck on Brake mode full brightness all the time. Not having much luck with these LEDs, might stop messing about and leave it as is.

Registered Member

'15 WRX

They arrived and don't work. They flash at double speed like there is a bulb out. Will be sending back.

Also got some rear/brake LEDs and they a stuck on Brake mode full brightness all the time. Not having much luck with these LEDs, might stop messing about and leave it as is.
    The brake light, try reversing the bulb in the socket. That's what happened to mine, but it worked after I reversed them.
    The signals will need a resister even though the listing says error free.
    '14 CX-5 GT AWD Tech Package, Crystal White Pearl
    '07 Mazdaspeed6, traded in for a '15 CWP WRX Limted on 12/5/2014.

2014 CX-5 Touring

There's nothing wrong with them (per se). Do more research and you'll see ALL LED replacements will do this.... it's because they don't draw as much current as the OEM bulbs, so the car's BCM thinks the filament is out and hyperflashes. You'll need to add 6ohm 50watt power resistors across each turn signal bulb, to pull the current the BCM expects. That will cure the hyper flash.

Wheels, not rims... SayNoToPistons's Avatar

CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'

Funny how many consumers blame the product when it's actually user error.
    2013 Mazda CX-5 Daily - GT, Tech Pack, AWD, Black Mica, Sand/White Interior, LED everrrryyything, Morimoto XB LED Foglights
    2004 Mazda RX-8 Driveway/AutoX Queen - KW Varient 3 Coilovers, Cobb AP + Tune, Progress Tech Sway Bars, Enkei RPF1 + RE11 in 275, Greddy Evo TT Catback, BHR catless midpipe, BHR coils, BHR motor mounts, Racing Beat intake snorkel, AF Short Throw Shifter, etc etc.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons View Post
    World's brightest license plate.
    Not really any brighter than the average Lexus license plate lights

Registered Member CX-5tormtrooper's Avatar

CX-Triton

My luck... Noticed that one of my iJDM LED DRL's went faulty on me on my drive home yesterday. It didn't even last 3 weeks and I don't drive much, just hit the 600 mile break-in period this week after a month of ownership.
    We'll see how their customer service is.

Registered Member

'15 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5tormtrooper View Post
    My luck... Noticed that one of my iJDM LED DRL's went faulty on me on my drive home yesterday. It didn't even last 3 weeks and I don't drive much, just hit the 600 mile break-in period this week after a month of ownership.
    We'll see how their customer service is.
    Looks like it's still lights up but very dim. Did you try unplugging it & install it again? Maybe it's a bad connection.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

CX-Triton

Quote Originally Posted by MATR6 View Post
    Looks like it's still lights up but very dim. Did you try unplugging it & install it again? Maybe it's a bad connection.
    Hey MATR6, I did try replugging it in again but it didn't help. I'm 99.999% sure they're faulty because the LED's are flickering.

Registered Member

'15 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5tormtrooper View Post
    Hey MATR6, I did try replugging it in again but it didn't help. I'm 99.999% sure they're faulty because the LED's are flickering.
    Oh well. Sux.
    Just to make sure it didn't do any damage to the wiring, put the good one on the driver's side.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda CX-5 Touring w/bose-tech

i wish i had the disposable income some of you guys apparently have....

those new fog trims, those switchback lights....

CX-Triton

And my luck continues, iJDM/MaxMotoring emailed me yesterday to say that they received my LED's and that they were working just fine. Called them today and the guy said it's most likely a problem with my car's wiring, even though I switched the bulb's position and it was still dimly lit/flickering. Told them I'd prefer a refund, so it is now on to V-LED's CREE's.

Registered Member

Let me know how they work out. I have always liked the VLED products, though you pay a premium for them. If I have had issues, and I have with some burnouts, they replaced them with little trouble.

Authorized Vendor

CX-5 Diesel

Hello All...

I am following this thread with interest. Especially for the DRL. The only concern I have before actually purchasing a set, is which ones?

At this stage, is there a single preferred brand or model for the DRL LED's on a Tech Pack vehicle?

Many Thanks.

Mazda CX-5 Touring w/bose-tech

Quote Originally Posted by Sassimac View Post
    Hello All...

I am following this thread with interest. Especially for the DRL. The only concern I have before actually purchasing a set, is which ones?

At this stage, is there a single preferred brand or model for the DRL LED's on a Tech Pack vehicle?

Many Thanks.
    my 2cents is the original ones that many of us bought last year are the best ones, the 18smd ones from jdmtoys, but NOT the ones they have listed for the cx5, those aren't as good (even though they list more emitters they're much tinier and dimmer than the 18smd version) as the ones that are listed for the camaro fog lights

in fact, the pictures of the white cx5 that jdm has on their cx5 page has the camaro bulbs in it, not the ones they have listed, bonus that the camaro ones are almost 10 bucks cheaper than the 'cx5' ones

Authorized Vendor

CX-5 Diesel

Stromdriver...

Thanks you, I appreciate your reply.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast