Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 796

Thread: The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

  1. #16
    Registered Member

    CX-5 GT w/Tech

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Venice, FL
    Posts
    246
    Glad you like them. Ordered mine yesterday.

  2. #17
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    31
    Hi there, I'm thinking to change the Front and Rear turning signal to LED bulb. May I know which type of LED bulb should get? Can you please provide me the bulb code? Thanks!

  3. #18
    Registered Member

    2014 Mazda CX-5 GT w/Tech PKG JBM

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    200
    Is the 1157A Switchback bulb compatible with our turn signal system?

  4. #19
    Registered Member

    CX-5 2.2d 175 AWD, Sport NAV Auto, Safety Pack

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Tamworth, UK
    Posts
    3

    LED Turn Signal

    Quote Originally Posted by carlosnest View Post
    Hi there, I'm thinking to change the Front and Rear turning signal to LED bulb. May I know which type of LED bulb should get? Can you please provide me the bulb code? Thanks!
    I just got these on Ebay in UK http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2612156826...84.m1439.l2649 and http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2708105136...84.m1439.l2648. The bulbs are PY21W for the front and WY21W for the rear.

    They haven't arrived yet so i can't tell you if they are any good. It says Error Free so hopefully all will be ok.

  5. #20
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    31
    Hi, one more thing, is anyone know about the rear brake lights? Is there got 2 pcs of light which is tail/brake lights and back-up lights? May I know what type of LED bulb should I use for each? Thanks!

  6. #21
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    31


    Anyone know is there a bulb for this? (??? Lights). If got, is it can be replace with LED bulb?I need to confirm it. Thanks!

  7. #22
    Registered Member

    Silver CX-5 GT AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosnest View Post
    Hi, one more thing, is anyone know about the rear brake lights? Is there got 2 pcs of light which is tail/brake lights and back-up lights? May I know what type of LED bulb should I use for each? Thanks!
    The Mazda owners manual list bulb types in the spec section.

    The only issue I ran into changing them in the past was some 7440's on Ebay were too fat to go thru the hole and no you can't put K-Y on them to make them fit!

  8. #23
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    31
    Thanks for the reply. Actually my new car still on the way to me. Just want to prepare all the LED bulbs in advance. May I know which bulb you mean is too fat to go in the housing? Do you know the dimension for the 7440 that can be fit in? Thanks~

  9. #24
    Wheels, not rims... SayNoToPistons's Avatar

    CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NYC/San Diego
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosnest View Post


    Anyone know is there a bulb for this? (??? Lights). If got, is it can be replace with LED bulb?I need to confirm it. Thanks!
    194/T10 wedge style bulb. I can get a picture for you tomorrow night if you'd like pic of a comparo between a 20smd 194/T10 wedge versus the factory incandescent bulb.

    Also take into consideration that the brake light bulb goes in at an angle that is not even close to being the center of the reflector housing.
    Last edited by SayNoToPistons; 06-26-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    2013 Mazda CX-5 Daily - GT, Tech Pack, AWD, Black Mica, Sand/White Interior, LED everrrryyything, Morimoto XB LED Foglights
    2004 Mazda RX-8 Driveway/AutoX Queen - KW Varient 3 Coilovers, Cobb AP + Tune, Progress Tech Sway Bars, Enkei RPF1 + RE11 in 275, Greddy Evo TT Catback, BHR catless midpipe, BHR coils, BHR motor mounts, Racing Beat intake snorkel, AF Short Throw Shifter, etc etc.




  10. #25
    Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    CX-5 Moderator

    '15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    4,741
    If you are replacing the rear turn signals, make sure you get the exact conversion because they bulb may be too fat to fit in the hole. These are what I got for my car and they fit/work fine (resistors needed for switchbacks (mine were purchased a while ago so I can't see the listing anymore for the eBay ones -

    Turn signal 7440 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-Amber-...222d0f&vxp=mtr - these will fit no problem, some of the other ones are too fat to fit through the opening, even though they are 7440 ( I had to mail a pair back) - will need a resistor 6ohm 50w. If you want one for with more LEDS, make sure u buy form somewhere with a decent return policy.

    Compatible switchbacks - http://www.vleds.com/bulb/1157-led/s...57-1-pair.html white, amber when flashing. Also available amber/white alternate when flashing (not recommended). Also these are cheaper than when I got them and they have brighter choices. However as I don't use my parklights as headlights they are bright enough (they actually put out good light at night despite a rating of "2"). They will also give you a bit more illumination to the sides. - You will need resistors ($5) 6ohm 50wat work fine, 1 for each bulb. Those vleds ones will fit for sure, I'm sure you can find alternatives on ebay

  11. #26
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    If you are replacing the rear turn signals, make sure you get the exact conversion because they bulb may be too fat to fit in the hole. These are what I got for my car and they fit/work fine (resistors needed for switchbacks (mine were purchased a while ago so I can't see the listing anymore for the eBay ones -

    Turn signal 7440 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-Amber-...222d0f&vxp=mtr - these will fit no problem, some of the other ones are too fat to fit through the opening, even though they are 7440 ( I had to mail a pair back) - will need a resistor 6ohm 50w. If you want one for with more LEDS, make sure u buy form somewhere with a decent return policy.

    Compatible switchbacks - http://www.vleds.com/bulb/1157-led/s...57-1-pair.html white, amber when flashing. Also available amber/white alternate when flashing (not recommended). Also these are cheaper than when I got them and they have brighter choices. However as I don't use my parklights as headlights they are bright enough (they actually put out good light at night despite a rating of "2"). They will also give you a bit more illumination to the sides. - You will need resistors ($5) 6ohm 50wat work fine, 1 for each bulb. Those vleds ones will fit for sure, I'm sure you can find alternatives on ebay
    Hi, thanks for the comment. Do you think these Led can be fit in?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Yellow-68...item4d0ae59379

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-7440-AMBE...4a152b&vxp=mtr

    Is this resistor the correct one?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281051324885...f6e1d5&vxp=mtr

    And also, do you think this Led can fit into rear brake light housing?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-RED-3157-...734a08&vxp=mtr

    Thanks!

  12. #27
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons View Post
    194/T10 wedge style bulb. I can get a picture for you tomorrow night if you'd like pic of a comparo between a 20smd 194/T10 wedge versus the factory incandescent bulb.

    Also take into consideration that the brake light bulb goes in at an angle that is not even close to being the center of the reflector housing.
    Ya, please show me the pictures if you ok with it. the 194/T10 led is same like using for license plate led? It that in white color? Thanks you so much, wait for your pictures.

  13. #28
    Wheels, not rims... SayNoToPistons's Avatar

    CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    NYC/San Diego
    Posts
    1,785
    The pictures are from my phone, so color and exposure is a little off. I used a 20 SMD white LED 194 in the left driver side and original incandescent 194 in the right passenger side. As you can tell, the difference is almost unnoticeable. The brighter white produces a slightly lighter color in combination with the red lens, so it looks a pinch more orange. The fill from the many differently angle diodes of the LED also fills the housing slightly better. The only real tell tale sign of it being a white LED replacement is the light bleed at the bottom of the housing on top of the reverse light. You can see that there is a bit of white light bleed. With the passenger side using an incandescent, the bleed is still there but it is less noticeable being that the light is slightly yellow. The LED replacement is brighter, though not apparent with the poor inconsistent camera settings.

    I personally see no point in replacing the rear parking light with LED's. I actually prefer the incandescent light spread since it looks like it hot spots at the point of the bulb and gradually dies off near the tip. A nice accent in my opinion.

    Yes my interior lights are all replaced by white LED's including the visor mirror lights. Other LED goodies include the rear license plate and front DRL's. I plan on getting dual color switch back for the front signals. The rest I couldn't care less about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SayNoToPistons; 06-26-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  14. #29
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons View Post
    The pictures are from my phone, so color and exposure is a little off. I used a 20 SMD white LED 194 in the left driver side and original incandescent 194 in the right passenger side. As you can tell, the difference is almost unnoticeable. The brighter white produces a slightly lighter color in combination with the red lens, so it looks a pinch more orange. The fill from the many differently angle diodes of the LED also fills the housing slightly better. The only real tell tale sign of it being a white LED replacement is the light bleed at the bottom of the housing on top of the reverse light. You can see that there is a bit of white light bleed. With the passenger side using an incandescent, the bleed is still there but it is less noticeable being that the light is slightly yellow. The LED replacement is brighter, though not apparent with the poor inconsistent camera settings.

    I personally see no point in replacing the rear parking light with LED's. I actually prefer the incandescent light spread since it looks like it hot spots at the point of the bulb and gradually dies off near the tip. A nice accent in my opinion.

    Yes my interior lights are all replaced by white LED's including the visor mirror lights. Other LED goodies include the rear license plate and front DRL's. I plan on getting dual color switch back for the front signals. The rest I couldn't care less about.
    Hi! Thanks for the pictures. That lights beside the Brake light is call Parking light? So have to try to use LED on brake lights? I'm thinking to change the rear Brake lights to LED as well. For the Turn Signal light, think b4 to change it to LED too, but think of need to add resistor on it then just hold it on. Can share the picture after you use the LED on Signal Light? And also the installation?

    Thanks!!!

  15. #30
    Registered Member stromdriver's Avatar

    Mazda CX-5 Touring w/bose-tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    cny
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by SayNoToPistons View Post
    I plan on getting dual color switch back for the front signals.
    example?

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HID lighting help please
    By zackmac in forum Protege5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2012, 09:10 PM
  2. Lighting ifo
    By plum in forum CX-5 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 06:45 PM
  3. Lighting
    By DR8907 in forum Mazda How-To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 07:05 PM
  4. lighting...
    By Javo in forum Pics & Builds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 01:26 AM
  5. HID Lighting
    By Protege73 in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 02:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •