The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

Hello All...

Has anyone changed out the reversing light globes..?? If so, was it a positive more?

Thanks..!!

Hello All...

I am following this thread with interest. Especially for the DRL. The only concern I have before actually purchasing a set, is which ones?

At this stage, is there a single preferred brand or model for the DRL LED's on a Tech Pack vehicle?

Many Thanks.
See post # 35 in this thread. I am very happy with these, bought primarily because I was cheap, and have had good luck with Cree LEDs with respect to high luminance usage on other items (non automotive), realizing, of course, that the electronics behind the LEDs are also crucial.

Since I don't have this car yet and might be buying one soon, just wondering how many bulbs do I need for full LED interior + license?
2(?) map light - 31mm
1(?) dome light - 31mm
1 cargo/trunk light - 31mm
2 license plate - T10
?? mirror/vanity light

Am I missing anything?

Since I don't have this car yet and might be buying one soon, just wondering how many bulbs do I need for full LED interior + license?
2(?) map light - 31mm
1(?) dome light - 31mm
2 license plate - T10
?? mirror/vanity light

Am I missing anything?

These are the incandescent types/ratings

2 map lights (center front; 31 mm festoon, 8 watt)
2 dome lights (center; 31 mm festoon, 8 watt)
1 cargo/trunk light (31 mm festoon. 5 watt)
2 license plate lights (194 T10, 5 watt)
2 mirror vanity lights on some models (TBD type, 2 watts)

I don't know the vanity lights because I stopped the project being unsat with the color temp and brightness of the LEDs I purchased (too low luminosity, a little too blue). I don't think I would ever change the vanity lights anyway because incandescent lighting is softer and better for a woman's makeup...that is unless the LEDs got really good, (bright and 2700-3000K, sort of difficult for LEDs to do).

What is the best way for me to add LED lights to my daylight running lights (DRL) and headlights? I'm thinking about tapping my DRL and headlight wires. Another option is to run a power source through the fuse box. Do you guys have any ideas you can share?

I don't know the vanity lights because I stopped the project being unsat with the color temp and brightness of the LEDs I purchased (too low luminosity, a little too blue). I don't think I would ever change the vanity lights anyway because incandescent lighting is softer and better for a woman's makeup...that is unless the LEDs got really good, (bright and 2700-3000K, sort of difficult for LEDs to do).

http://www.vleds.com/6k-white-hi-power-3-chip-2-led-vanity-sun-visor-light-bulb.html

These are the vanity lights I bought, they're pretty bright, seem white enough for me, I'll try to take pics next time.

2(?) map light - 31mm
1(?) dome light - 31mm
2 license plate - T10
?? mirror/vanity light

Am I missing anything?

Check first post..

These are the incandescent types/ratings

2 map lights (center front; 31 mm festoon, 8 watt)
2 dome lights (center; 31 mm festoon, 8 watt)
1 cargo/trunk light (31 mm festoon. 5 watt)
2 license plate lights (194 T10, 5 watt)
2 mirror vanity lights on some models (TBD type, 2 watts)

Thanks! That's way more 31mm festoon bulb than I thought lol.

Check first post..

First post only posted the size, not the amount of bulbs needed, or at least I didn't see it after reading the first post...

Open your vanity mirror cover... Check how many lights you see...

To all, I suggest you take a look at the lights you're replacing before you even think about buying replacements for them. It's like buying light bulbs for your house without even bothering to look at what application and how many.

Wow, thanks. These are incredibly inexpensive for high power lights from VLED. I usually pay through the nose for the high power stuff, but VLEDs has been the most reliable of the internet sites that I could find over the years.

I am a huge fan of V-LEDS, so far I am loving their CREE P13W's, no issues so far unlike with the iJDM LED ones.

Here are pics of the vanity LED's, well worth the price in my opinion.

QNzITmM.jpg

guNI8OQ.jpg

Hello All...

I'm starting to think I made a bad choice ordering from iJDMtoy. I was emailed a PDF which requests details of my shipping address and a copy of my ID for verification. There is no hope in Hell I am going to supply anyone online from another country with a copy of my personal ID with signature and address...!!!!

Open your vanity mirror cover... Check how many lights you see...

To all, I suggest you take a look at the lights you're replacing before you even think about buying replacements for them. It's like buying light bulbs for your house without even bothering to look at what application and how many.

Like I mentioned before, I didn't have the car in hand. I test drove the car, pay for a car, and it will be delivered to the dealer next day. However, I still don't have the car due to some issues with the dealer. If I had the car already, I would not be asking how many lights there are.

Looks great!

Hello All...

Well my order with iJDMtoy has fallen Through. I cancelled it due them wanting a signed form with identification from me to confirm my delivery address. No way am I about to compromise my identity for a company in another country..!!!

Anyway...

Now that I'll use Vleds for my purchase, can anyone advise me as to what Can-Bus proof means? Do I need to order these lights for the reverse lights and number plate?

Thanks..!!!

Now that I'll use Vleds for my purchase, can anyone advise me as to what Can-Bus proof means? Do I need to order these lights for the reverse lights and number plate?

Thanks..!!!

I'm still waiting on my refund from iJDM... but anways, Can-Bus does not apply to our CX's.

I cannot speak for the reverse lights, but for the license plate lights I have these in STANDARD option and they are white and bright: https://www.vleds.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=194_6_W_5K-C .

I am a huge fan of V-LEDS, so far I am loving their CREE P13W's, no issues so far unlike with the iJDM LED ones.

Here are pics of the vanity LED's, well worth the price in my opinion.

Really nice. I think I will have to try them! And risk the wrath of the makeup wars!

Hello everyone. Can I replace my low beam bulbs with a 9006 bulb? Please help.

Mo

I think our low beam is H11 if I remember corectly... So no. And what were you planning to replace it with? LED lights are not bright enough for headlight, best way is to stick with stock or go with HID.

Back