The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

Have interior LEDs coming and just ordered

This -->
$T2eC16ZHJIIE9qTYLSWWBRRnJHOwTQ~~60_57.JPG

Hi, mind to share the link you bought this? Thanks~

I just got these on Ebay in UK http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261215682641?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 and http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270810513622?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648. The bulbs are PY21W for the front and WY21W for the rear.

They haven't arrived yet so i can't tell you if they are any good. It says Error Free so hopefully all will be ok.

They arrived and don't work. They flash at double speed like there is a bulb out. Will be sending back.

Also got some rear/brake LEDs and they a stuck on Brake mode full brightness all the time. Not having much luck with these LEDs, might stop messing about and leave it as is.

They arrived and don't work. They flash at double speed like there is a bulb out. Will be sending back.

Also got some rear/brake LEDs and they a stuck on Brake mode full brightness all the time. Not having much luck with these LEDs, might stop messing about and leave it as is.
The brake light, try reversing the bulb in the socket. That's what happened to mine, but it worked after I reversed them.
The signals will need a resister even though the listing says error free.

There's nothing wrong with them (per se). Do more research and you'll see ALL LED replacements will do this.... it's because they don't draw as much current as the OEM bulbs, so the car's BCM thinks the filament is out and hyperflashes. You'll need to add 6ohm 50watt power resistors across each turn signal bulb, to pull the current the BCM expects. That will cure the hyper flash.

Funny how many consumers blame the product when it's actually user error.

My luck... Noticed that one of my iJDM LED DRL's went faulty on me on my drive home yesterday. It didn't even last 3 weeks and I don't drive much, just hit the 600 mile break-in period this week after a month of ownership.
We'll see how their customer service is.

j2gCE0G.jpg

My luck... Noticed that one of my iJDM LED DRL's went faulty on me on my drive home yesterday. It didn't even last 3 weeks and I don't drive much, just hit the 600 mile break-in period this week after a month of ownership.
We'll see how their customer service is.
Looks like it's still lights up but very dim. Did you try unplugging it & install it again? Maybe it's a bad connection.

Looks like it's still lights up but very dim. Did you try unplugging it & install it again? Maybe it's a bad connection.

Hey MATR6, I did try replugging it in again but it didn't help. I'm 99.999% sure they're faulty because the LED's are flickering.

i wish i had the disposable income some of you guys apparently have....

those new fog trims, those switchback lights....

And my luck continues, iJDM/MaxMotoring emailed me yesterday to say that they received my LED's and that they were working just fine. Called them today and the guy said it's most likely a problem with my car's wiring, even though I switched the bulb's position and it was still dimly lit/flickering. Told them I'd prefer a refund, so it is now on to V-LED's CREE's.

Let me know how they work out. I have always liked the VLED products, though you pay a premium for them. If I have had issues, and I have with some burnouts, they replaced them with little trouble.

Hello All...

I am following this thread with interest. Especially for the DRL. The only concern I have before actually purchasing a set, is which ones?

At this stage, is there a single preferred brand or model for the DRL LED's on a Tech Pack vehicle?

Many Thanks.

Hello All...

I am following this thread with interest. Especially for the DRL. The only concern I have before actually purchasing a set, is which ones?

At this stage, is there a single preferred brand or model for the DRL LED's on a Tech Pack vehicle?

Many Thanks.

my 2cents is the original ones that many of us bought last year are the best ones, the 18smd ones from jdmtoys, but NOT the ones they have listed for the cx5, those aren't as good (even though they list more emitters they're much tinier and dimmer than the 18smd version) as the ones that are listed for the camaro fog lights

in fact, the pictures of the white cx5 that jdm has on their cx5 page has the camaro bulbs in it, not the ones they have listed, bonus that the camaro ones are almost 10 bucks cheaper than the 'cx5' ones

Back