The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

I have a question regarding my 2017 CX-5 Touring auto on headlights. It is me or it just seems like the headlights are on all the time? Are the running leds that bright?

The Headlights are on as well. Atleast what many have noted. The halo's are on when its in park when you put it in drive they are on along with headlights.
There is a japan Mazda kit. Someone is trying to make it work here in Texas.

I purchased 1157 amber LED bulbs when the lights are on and I turn the blinker on the light just gets brighter instead of turning off and turning back on again. Is this normal behavior for LED non-switchback lights to blink?

So this is the way it is supposed to be? Why all the different positions on the light stalk LOL So confused.

U.S. market, apparently so. Whenever you're in Drive, the LED headlights are on, albeit at a lower intensity. Not sure the signature LED DRL halos on the Grand Touring are bright enough to function as stand-alone DRLs.

I purchased 1157 amber LED bulbs when the lights are on and I turn the blinker on the light just gets brighter instead of turning off and turning back on again. Is this normal behavior for LED non-switchback lights to blink?

This is on a Generation 1 front turn signal? If the parking lights/headlights are on, then you get a dim-bright-dim-bright function. With parking lights/headlights off, the sequence should be off-bright-off-bright.

This is on a Generation 1 front turn signal? If the parking lights/headlights are on, then you get a dim-bright-dim-bright function. With parking lights/headlights off, the sequence should be off-bright-off-bright.

Yes gen1 2014 ok just checking thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed how tiny the backup lights are on the '17. They are totally up to the job, being rather high-powered LEDs and they do a great job of lighting the area behind you when backing up.

I've also noted how small the actual brake lights are. The 'signature' LED tail light doesn't get brighter when applying the brakes. The brake light is the small inset area shown at the arrows. My signature rear LEDs are on. This kinda bothers me as I like brake lights which are VERY obvious and attention getting.

attachment.php

Yeah Amazon FTW. Honestly just order them. 100% know you'll love them. If not easy 30 day returns with Amazon.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Well, the lights are awesome. My previous ones were bright but I think these are a bit brighter. I think more importantly they retain that white look. No tint of blue. White light like you see in luxury cars but even brighter. Great buy! Definitely recommend.

$19 and couldn't be happier

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I was worried they'd be blue, but they're not. I replaced both front back rear cabin lights, vanity mirror lights, and license plate lights. The license plate lights that are included are white but not brighter than the regular bulbs which I actually prefer. No need to have my plates light up from a mile away. ;)

The interior bulbs are all nice and bright and really light up this parchment interior at night. It looks really classy. Plus they don't flicker when the lights are turning on and off.
attachment.php

interior LED.jpg

Youtubers are hard to trust with those LEDs. They likely got them for free so they don't want to say anything too bad about them and it's not like they leave the bulbs in to see how they last.

I recently came across these, but very pricey. Lifetime warranty though...

GTR Lighting GEN 3 Ultra Series LED

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I was worried they'd be blue, but they're not. I replaced both front back rear cabin lights, vanity mirror lights, and license plate lights. The license plate lights that are included are white but not brighter than the regular bulbs which I actually prefer. No need to have my plates light up from a mile away. ;)

The interior bulbs are all nice and bright and really light up this parchment interior at night. It looks really classy. Plus they don't flicker when the lights are turning on and off.
attachment.php

View attachment 216765

Just installed this light kit in our CX-5 and I must agree that for the cost this is a great value and high quality. I'm quite happy with the results and installation was a breeze with the tool that is provided with the Amazon kit. It's a good upgrade! Thanks for the tip!

Back