The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

Hoping someone can help me--I'm not a knowledgeable car person but I am in the need for LED DRLS
I have a 2016 CX-5 Touring and I can only find stock bulbs. Do they make compatible LED DRLs (and/or headlights) for this? I went to the dealer and they said no. Appreciate the help, thanks.

I have 2014 CX 5 and like the new head lites on the new CX 5 with the LED running lite in the head lite are both years 14-16 the same size head lite and would they exchange ?

I have 2014 CX 5 and like the new head lites on the new CX 5 with the LED running lite in the head lite are both years 14-16 the same size head lite and would they exchange ?
No, they're not easily exchangeable. Too many things, sensors, wirings, and setup software need to be added due to the AFS. Not to mention the MSRP price of each LED headlight is the whopping $1,330.55!

Has anyone used the Precision LED interior kits? Their tutorial videos shows that there's no special procedures needed when replacing the trunk light.

Oversize from SuperBrightLeds

I'm looking to replace my Cargo, Map, Dome and Vanity light bulbs. Looking at SuperBrightLeds, do these "oversize" ones fit?

DE3022 CAN bus LED Bulb - 10 SMD LED Festoon - 31mm
timthumb.php

3110-w10-cb-for-site.jpg

DE3175 LED Bulb - 9 LED Festoon - 30mm
timthumb.php

3022-wwhp4-v2-digimark.jpg

DE3175 LED Bulb - 4 SMD LED Festoon - 30mm
timthumb.php

3022-w9-for-site.jpg

Last edited:
Oversize from SuperBrightLeds

I'm looking to replace my Cargo, Map, Dome and Vanity light bulbs. Looking at SuperBrightLeds, do these "oversize" ones fit?

DE3022 CAN bus LED Bulb - 10 SMD LED Festoon - 31mm
timthumb.php

3110-w10-cb-for-site.jpg

DE3175 LED Bulb - 9 LED Festoon - 30mm
timthumb.php

3022-wwhp4-v2-digimark.jpg

DE3175 LED Bulb - 4 SMD LED Festoon - 30mm
timthumb.php

3022-w9-for-site.jpg
Just by looking, the first, DE3022, and the second, DE3175, should work size wise as long as they're 29 ~ 31 mm Festoon LEDs. The third one, DE3175 too, seems too big to fit in. But the best is to consult your seller for fitness.

Be aware getting those super-white 5000K~6000K LEDs for vanity lights. That would make your wife looks really bad in mirror with white lighting. I used this https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) for vanity mirror on the sun visors for "warm glow" effect:
s-l400.jpg

DRLS from Taiwan
IMG_0814_zpsrnyv6o7k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
for the trunk
IMG_0176_zpsxfsm7c35.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]they are really bright-you can not cover them with your head shoulder, even if you want it. You will have always enough light
IMG_0068_zpshbwekd83.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsh5xsrsxv.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]Ambiente welcome light with Remote to change the color how I like/feel - green, blue, white, yellow, red&purple
image_zpss6l1yedu.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Can someone recommend some DE3175 for interior dome lights? Ones I had in mind were the Morimoto, Vled, Superbrightleds but I want to see if there are other suggestions.

Mainly looking for brightness and reliability. I tried the ebay kit and they all ended up blinking non-stop when they are on.

Can someone recommend some DE3175 for interior dome lights? Ones I had in mind were the Morimoto, Vled, Superbrightleds but I want to see if there are other suggestions.

Mainly looking for brightness and reliability. I tried the ebay kit and they all ended up blinking non-stop when they are on.
Those oversized 31mm Festoon LEDs from SuperBrightLeds posted above by zlocity look pretty promising by design. You can always pay more for name brand LEDs but they normally are not the latest LED chips. I have cheap eBay LED kit installed more than a year and so far so good! (knock on wood) :)

I have used these for 6 months now with no problem at all.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-High-Power-Xenon-White-Error-Free-1-25-31mm-Festoon-DE3175-DE3022-CREE-LED-Bulbs/32305870702.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.x7gXjR&aff_platform=aaf&cpt=1488876962744&sk=VnYZvQVf&aff_trace_key=7471bd9759b4462297491ec2f8dcd86e-1488876962744-07433-VnYZvQVf

They are Cree leds, and as far as I know the brightest led you can get.
http://www.cree.com/LED-Components-and-Modules/Products/XLamp/Discrete-Directional/XLamp-XBD

Cree has an maximum output of 3 W and 309 lm of each led.

I believe that leds from SuperBrightLeds are very good ones too, but they are 4014 SMD led and not as bright.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMD_LED_Module

4014 has an maximum output of 0.2 W and 22-32 lm of each led.

I tried out one with 6 cree leds, but it was to bright. Got blinded for a while if I looked against it. (sun)
18 W is just to much, so I put one of them in the trunk.

i believe those are the same ones i got from superbrightleds, i've had them in for almost 5 years with no issues what so ever, i'll try to search back in my order history to be sure but i'm 99% positive they looked like those

edit:

yep, here they are https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/festoon/de3175-led-bulb-4-smd-led-festoon/238/1129/

been running them just shy of 5 years

Last edited:
2017 CX5 Touring - need help with getting access to the license plate lights. I checked the manual and it says just wedge under the lens and firmly lift them off. Now, perhaps it's just me, but I'm scared as hell I'm going to break these lenses off or snap the arms off them. Has anyone done this for the 2017 version yet and can you verify that you simply wedged something under it (what did you use) and popped it off. The 2016 and prior look a little different from the current one and I'm just not sure about snapping it off without breaking it. Looking for suggestions.

Getting ready to turn in my '15 GT so pulled the VLEDS Tritons out of the front/rear turn signals and rear tail/stop light housings to put the stock incandescents back in.

At first I thought there was something wrong with the 1157NA bulb for the right parking/turn signal light. The VLEDs Triton unit was brighter in the dim parking light mode than the incandescent 1157 on it's bright flash mode. On flash, the Triton was very bright. Definitely no problem being seen on a bright sunny day. At night, you see the reflective road signs far ahead of you return the flashing.

I don't see where the '17 CX-5 uses the 1157NA bulb so I may be offering this for sale. The other VLEDs I took out will be retrofitted into the '17 where appropriate. The next owner of my '15 will benefit from the VLEDS fogs and DRLs I left in.

Vleds hasnt updates their site for the 2017s yet. Any guides on what to purchase through them to replace all internal lights?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Same question, but also - since there are like a million often contradictory posts on this topic - any consensus on good LED replacement bulbs for the interior, primarily overhead/map lights? I'm more interested in good than cheap as I've read too many posts where someone says what a great deal the bulbs were but that they only lasted for six months. In my case, for a 2016.

Same question, but also - since there are like a million often contradictory posts on this topic - any consensus on good LED replacement bulbs for the interior, primarily overhead/map lights? I'm more interested in good than cheap as I've read too many posts where someone says what a great deal the bulbs were but that they only lasted for six months. In my case, for a 2016.

all mine from superbright leds are still burning bright after 5 years

Vleds hasnt updates their site for the 2017s yet. Any guides on what to purchase through them to replace all internal lights?
All interior lights in 2017 CX-5 are the same as 1st-gen's as Mazda didn't make any changes for those. So basically you need five 30/31mm Festoon LEDs for map/dome/cargo lights、two 29mm 2,800K "warm white" Festoon T6 fuse type LEDs for vanity mirror、and two 194/168 type LEDs for license plate. You can always pay more for name brand LEDs but they normally don't use the latest LED chips. I have cheap eBay LED kit installed for 17 months and so far so good. Not all eBay LED kits are the same. You've to check the specs and reputation!

Back