The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

then you'll have to pick a different spot to tap off of that will let you fit the adapter in there, or be sol?

here's what i found after a few minutes of googling
06efc079-1931-4b04-84a8-f4cbf5fe3e31.JPG

productLarge_13407_zps0f051947.jpg

https://www.kimballmidwest.com/All-Products/Electrical/Fuses/ATM-Pigtail-Fuses/
But that's what's weird...Check out this...https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123829094

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Love the new 5730 t10 leds. Mind you look how much lights hitting the ground. $10 better than the $20 phillips I installed on my 3
b3c5d2dda06c3eea14a18ae9e03d13b1.jpg

Can you post a link to your lights? One of my LED license plate lights keep dimming out and I just need to change them once and for all. Yours look particularly bright.

Can you post a link to your lights? One of my LED license plate lights keep dimming out and I just need to change them once and for all. Yours look particularly bright.
SiriusLED Extremely Bright 5730 Chipset LED Bulbs for Car Interior Lights License Plate Dome Map Side Marker Door Courtesy Wedge T10 168 192 194 2825 W5W 6000K Xenon White Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Just got an email flash from VLEDS saying they are introducing a new line of compact LED headlight bulbs, 3,000 lumens each.

Text of their notice:

For years we have been trying to replicate the size and shape of a standard halogen bulb while still achieving sufficient light output. LED technology has steadily improved in this time period and has finally allowed us to do just that.

We are proud to introduce our Micro Series LED Headlight System.

Utilizing six highly efficient LED chips along with heat pipe technology means the design is thermally safe while still producing 3000lm measured output per bulb (the equivalent of a 35W HID setup).

Key features include:

Safe for use in sealed headlight applications (caps can be reinstalled)
Low profile design eliminates fitment issues
Push/pull collar indexing adjustment
IP68 waterproof turbo fan enclosed in 6063 aluminum shell
Molded driver with integrated OEM connector
Available in 5K and 6K color temperatures
2 year warranty

Metal core PCB's quickly transfer heat away from the diodes and directly into a 6063 aluminum heat sink via the copper heat pipe. Inside is a specially designed waterproof turbo fan that pushes air through the top and bottom of the heat sink.
Indexing is one of the most important features on any plug in style LED headlight and the Micro Series is revolutionary. The days of using an Allen wrench to tighten a set screw are gone! Just push the collar down, twist, and pull it up to lock it into place.

20% PRE-ORDER DISCOUNT ACTIVE NOW
ARRIVING LATE JUNE

Available in the following base types:
H1, H3, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H16, 9005, 9006, 9012, 880

Might be a solution for all the halogen-equipped vehicles. I really like their stuff.

Link they provided.

SiriusLED Extremely Bright 5730 Chipset LED Bulbs for Car Interior Lights License Plate Dome Map Side Marker Door Courtesy Wedge T10 168 192 194 2825 W5W 6000K Xenon White Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Thank you very much. The current LEDs that I have don't affect the backup camera at all as the project downward. Like there is just one led pointing down.

The ones you posted, also have led along the side. Does this give a glare or anything to the backup camera? Thanks.

Thank you very much. The current LEDs that I have don't affect the backup camera at all as the project downward. Like there is just one led pointing down.

The ones you posted, also have led along the side. Does this give a glare or anything to the backup camera? Thanks.
no glare at all they actually help more than the back up lights do. I'll post night pic later

no glare at all they actually help more than the back up lights do. I'll post night pic later

Awesome thanks! I have it in my cart ready to go for 2 day shipping. I love how it tells how long you have till you need to order to get it by x day.

Awesome thanks! I have it in my cart ready to go for 2 day shipping. I love how it tells how long you have till you need to order to get it by x day.
Yeah Amazon FTW. Honestly just order them. 100% know you'll love them. If not easy 30 day returns with Amazon.

Yeah Amazon FTW. Honestly just order them. 100% know you'll love them. If not easy 30 day returns with Amazon.

Okay I'm trusting you lol any recommendations for cargo light while I'm ordering the license plate ones? That's the only other light that hasn't been converted. Been meaning to but just haven't got to it.

Agreed. Looking into replacements for the rear turn signals. Has anyone found anything suitable?

I was planning on transferring my VLEDS Triton amber bulbs from my 2015 to my 2017 but... they won't fit. I removed the rear taillight to put in the Triton. The LED assembly is much shallower than the Gen 1 assembly. The sheet metal behind the assembly doesn't allow enough room for the heat sink on the Tritons. I'll have to look at a less sophisticated (and less powerful) LED for my rear turns. Haven't tried the Tritons in the front turn signals - perhaps I'll have some time this holiday weekend.

After doing lots of research on upgrade options for my stock halogen projector lights (legal options, not aftermarket HID or LED), I've come across the 9012 HIR halogen bulbs which are also rated at 55w yet they produce on average 800 more lumens than the stock H11 halogens. The problem is that these bulbs are only a replacement for the 9006 bulbs (with a minor tab modification). My idea is to buy some type of harness to be able to connect these 9012 bulbs to my H11 connectors in my car.

I really can't find any information about this online. Before people mention the H9 bulb replacement thing, I really don't want to change the wattage to 65 Watts (H9 is brighter but is rated at 65 Watts). It seems the 9012 HIR modification would be the best *legal* way to upgrade the brightness of my headlamps without wasting money on those useless silverstars, etc. which just burn out in a couple months.

Has anyone already tried this? Do you guys think this would work? Thanks for any help and/or information.

I dunno guys. I swapped one of my stock Sylvania 7444NA amber turn signals on my 2017 Grand Touring with one of the vaunted VLEDS Triton amber LEDs I took off my 2015 Grand Touring but in such a small housing, it really didn't make that much of a difference. Lighting was a bright hazy sky with the camera pointed toward the sun. You can see the flashing pattern difference but illumination increase just wasn't that dramatic.

First portion of the video is with the normal DRL mode while driving (LED headlights on at a reduced level) and lastly with just the parking lights (LED headlights off). Anytime you put the shift selector in Drive, the LED headlights come on with the DRLs. Been discussed at great length in another thread.

I don't get the 7444NA bulb - it is a higher wattage (brighter) than a typical 7443 but what is the low filament used for? As far as I can tell, the bulb only lights when flashing.

While the Tritons are awesome LED bulbs, in this application I'm tempted to just leave 'em with the stock incandescents. In the Gen 1 CX-5 (2013-2015) the Tritons make a HUGE difference! The only LED conversions I've done on the '17 are the rear license plate bulbs and all my interior bulbs.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BbZt2LeWElE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I don't get the 7444NA bulb - it is a higher wattage (brighter) than a typical 7443 but what is the low filament used for? As far as I can tell, the bulb only lights when flashing.

If it isn't always lit upon the GT with the headlights in full on, it is on the touring / gs headlights. Probably just use the same bulb regardless of trim due to economies of scale or something.

Touring.jpg

I think it's worth swapping to the LED turn signals even if just for the difference in the lighting pattern - the instant on/off. It makes the car look more "sophisticated" if that makes any sense.

I think it's worth swapping to the LED turn signals even if just for the difference in the lighting pattern - the instant on/off. It makes the car look more "sophisticated" if that makes any sense.

I fully agree. I'm on a mission to replace every single bulb with an LED. The rears especially bother me because those tail lights look so beautiful but then the turn signal lights up and it brings it down a few notches.

I have a question regarding my 2017 CX-5 Touring auto on headlights. It is me or it just seems like the headlights are on all the time? Are the running leds that bright?

Back