2003 Mazda Protege5

I don't know where the plug is located but I figure it's going to the engine harness so the starter knows it's in 'P' or 'D' before it will start. I'm just going by the schematic above.
You should really do the Back-Up current test,... It's quite simple and easy to do.
I think you have a power drain when the car is off and it's killing your batteries and then straining your alternator trying to charge it back up after starting.

I have a manual not auto. Also just bench tested alternator and it failed.... WTH now im looking for a alternator rebuild kit.... I have checked canadian tire, partsource, napa, and benson with no luck. Does anyone know where i can get one? My dash is also always on like odometer etc.... Is this normal for these cars? That is the only parasetic load i could find with dvom.

From what I've read, the KJ-ZEM from the Millenia bolts right in where a KL would fit. Tranny and all. Obviously wiring is still gonna be a b*tch, and there's not as much info on the swap as the is for the KL, but as far as mounting goes, you should be set.

Here's a video of a P5 with a KJ running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4DBfmXVDhM

Sounds sexy. I say go for it and document your progress so we've got more info on it.

My dash isn't on at all with key removed (except for the odometer reading, but even that shuts off after a couple of minutes) and I'm sure your's isn't supposed to be. Are you getting the 20 mA max power drain otherwise ??

I knew your car was a manual so I wonder why you would have that light green/red wire, unless all cars a 'roughed in' with the same wiring harness or the original owner did some fancy wiring.

Our cars have the ECU controlling the alternator as well,... that may be another source of your problem.
A lot of people have had problems with alternators for this car,... one guy went through four or them before he got one that worked.

I found a voltage regulator for car, but wayyyyyy to expensive. To get a brand new alternator (NOT REMAN) is gonna cost me $172 but that voltage regulator and brushes by BWD Automotive is $478...... :S was thinking I could save money by buying a part for alternator instead of whole alternator.... Weird

Gave in bought an AC Delco BRAND NEW not remanufactured alternator will see how this works tomorrow. Ive taken the alt out soooooo many time my axle seal is leaking now. So go one of those as well.

FIXED!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! and pulled out axle so many times i had to replace the seal :@ so also did tranny flush and refilled with some good old royal purple, Rad flush, and power steering flush tomorrow since i had all of these systems open at one point or another as well. Also in all this i found out what was wrong with my transmission. There were actually a few transmission problems.... A. bad fluid in there was like water, B. Low Fluid, C. Was originally having problem in winter, shift linkage was frozen up.

Back