Sound in the dash area.

Jaycx5

:
Mazda CX5
The road are very bumpy in Montreal right now because of the snow and ice.
i hear on every little bump a sound in the dash area.

I dont know if it's a normal sound or not.

Is it possible to the dealer to foam the entire dash area?

Is it normal that i hear a sound when passing over bump or irregular road?

Thx

Is not Normal i have the same problem and i stay at Montral too. I will Go to the dealer for this problem when the next oil change

Thx for your answer,

i dont know if it's some loose nut or plastic panel or other thing but it's boring.

The car is nice but it as to much rattle and noise coming from everywhere,

It make me regret my purchase.

Same things with me I regret my purchass

Really? Over a rattle? Do a search here and find out how many have had this simple and painless issue. It's manageable, heck turn the radio on and it goes away...

That said I drove to work today without the radio on, the temps were in the 40's and I didn't hear the left speaker rattle like I did earlier under similar conditions.

After 3 weeks with the car I have no regrets, and unless you are having other issues other than this rattle, I can't imagine why you would feel any different.

here's the thread you want:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-Touring-FWD&p=6014315&viewfull=1#post6014315

If it is the loose bolt rattle then the radio would need to be pretty well cranked to drown it out on rough roads as it can be quite loud. Tightening up the bolts shown got rid of it completely on mine. Mine still has a minor and intermittent rattle at each side of the dash which is likely the other issue on the bulletin in that link. That one can be drowned out a bit easier with the radio but I just need to get around to taking it in to the dealer.

Interestingly, my VIN was outside the range for the loose bolts but they were very, very loose.

Trevor
HandA-Accessories

Last edited:
Back