New Owner Mazda CX 5 Touring

CX5NJ

:
2012 Mazda Speed3
Hello everyone I just purchased a new 2013 Mazda CX 5 AWD Touring model. So far I am pretty happy with the vehicle. I love the handling it has on this. I have driven other cars with good handling but nothing beats this maybe I am saying this cause I owned a truck before. I got the car in black with black interior. I am glad to be part of the Mazda community now and I hope I can help others and gather info too.

Attachments

• IMG_0107[1].JPG
    IMG_0107[1].JPG
    752 KB · Views: 320
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 261
welcome and congrats on the purchase!

They really do look sharp in black. They had a black one at the dealer when I bought mine and I kept commenting on how good it looked. I figured I might go crazy trying to keep a black one clean but they sure do look great when you clean them all up, which makes the process more rewarding.

Trevor

Thanks Trevor. Yes it is hard to maintain a black one as well as white too. I would of gone with the metropolitan grey but I think black looks great.

Wise choice on the CX-5 and dealership. I'm sure Wayne treated you quite well. Congrats and welcome!

Thanks for the welcoming. I got a question I notice some of you have CX 5 GT w/tech package? What's so different about this model?

Thanks for the welcoming. I got a question I notice some of you have CX 5 GT w/tech package? What's so different about this model?

The Grand Touring tech package provdies the following

- TomTom Navigation System
- Mazda advanced keyless entry system
- Antitheft perimeter alarm system
- Bi-Xenon HID headlamps with auto leveling
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Auto dimming mirror with Homelink

Since the rain-sensing wipers come standard on the Grand Touring, they throw in the Advanced Keyless Entry in the tech package. On the touring model the tech package includes everything listed above with the exception of the keyless entry and instead throws in the rain-sensing wipers.

Hope that answers your question. Enjoy your new CX-5.

The Grand Touring tech package provdies the following

- Antitheft perimeter alarm system
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Auto dimming mirror with Homelink

Since the rain-sensing wipers come standard on the Grand Touring, they throw in the Advanced Keyless Entry in the tech package. On the touring model the tech package includes everything listed above with the exception of the keyless entry and instead throws in the rain-sensing wipers.

Hope that answers your question. Enjoy your new CX-5.

It is interesting to see what different countries get on different models.

I have the Grand Touring without the tech pack and I still get:

- Auto dimming rear mirror

But here in Australia the Tech Pack gives you:
- Blind Spot Monitiring
- Lane Departure Warning
- High Beam Control.

- Blind Spot Monitiring
- Lane Departure Warning
- High Beam Control.

Not to hi-jack this thread... On the US Versions Blind Spot Monitoring is standard on Touring and Grand Touring. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, I see no mention of High Beam Control (HBCS) or the Lane Departure Warning system on the Mazda USA site.

Congrats on the purchase. I am a fellow tristater and I got the same exact model and color! I got mine at Smith Cairns in Yonkers. Pleasure to work with. Just added navi to my Touring, as I only had the Moonroof package

- Blind Spot Monitiring
- Lane Departure Warning
- High Beam Control.

Aussies, Asia, and Euros got the fancy features first (lane departure warning and high beam control). Not sure if Aussies have the center console media control unit (the MMI knob/buttons), but Euro does. Feel free to enlighten me on this. We always get the worst here in the U.S. :(, like the lack of diesel engines for 2013.

Aussies, Asia, and Euros got the fancy features first (lane departure warning and high beam control). Not sure if Aussies have the center console media control unit (the MMI knob/buttons), but Euro does. Feel free to enlighten me on this. We always get the worst here in the U.S. :(, like the lack of diesel engines for 2013.

No we Aussies don't get that either .. looks like our Euro friedns got the best deal!

Oh we do get the low profile back seat head rests though.

The diesel, well after readign about so mnay issues with it maybe you're lucky that when you do get it, it will be truly tried and tested.

PS Congrats to the OP on your purchase by the way (alright)

Congrats on your purchase. What did you pay on it ?
I'm in the market for one as well. Wayne isn't too far from me. NJ resident :D

Thank you.I bought mine for 26 grand. Originally they wanted to give me a sport with base options but I worked my magic and got what I wanted. Mine came with blind spot sensors,back up camera,hd radio, and power seat.

Thank you.I bought mine for 26 grand. Originally they wanted to give me a sport with base options but I worked my magic and got what I wanted. Mine came with blind spot sensors,back up camera,hd radio, and power seat.

And this is the Touring with the Bose package ? or does it also include the Tech package ?
also 26k before TTL right ?

Thank you

Back