What do you use to clean the black trim of the CX-5?

ekcooper

:
Mazda, CX-5 Grand Touring
I've not had a car with this much black trim. Do y'all use an Armor All product? Or, something else?

On my '05 Elantra I used that and it works well though after awhile it'll begin to look faded. The main issue will be in keeping it as free of wax residue as possible (gah)

Wolfgang trim sealant. Stones trim shine. 303 aerospace protectant.

The wolfgang stuff is expensive but looks good and holds up pretty well. The stoners looks great but is spray on so hard to keep just on the trim. The 303 doesnt hold up as well in the rain but protects well

^ This. I find 303 to hold up just as good as Wolfgang in the elements. It is the matte look of the 303 that is deceiving. It is recommended that 303 is applied then buffed off once cured. Leaving it on will generate a slightly shiny finish (not my thing), and when it rains, drips will form.

I do hate the smell of 303 when it is exposed to heat (interior).

Might try Meguiars. I typically just use Armor All but if I buy a new car I might go for something better and I hear Meguiars is pretty good.

I have been having good results with the Turtle Wax Ice spray wax.

The main issue will be in keeping it as free of wax residue as possible (gah)
Boy, ain't that the truth! I was a little careless in giving my CX-5 its first (paste) wax job a month or so ago and had a heluva time removing residue from the black trim after it cured a week or so later. Ended up using Turtle Wax Black Chrome to hide what remained in a couple of spots. Be careful y'all!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'll look around for those products everyone mentioned. Take care!!!

For those that use sealants/waxes that stain plastic moldings; try to mask off the moldings prior to applying sealants/waxes on the paint...

Latest posts

Back