Removing door molding

sparkstyl

:
02 P5
Hey everyone.

I have seen an old thread that was talking about removing the door moldings on P5s and thinking about doing this to my P5 as the molding are really faded.

My only concern is the paint being a different color, I have the "classic red." In the old thread they said that isnt a problem... but that was in 2003... ten years later is a big difference...

Any thoughts is appreciated.

Heat with hairdryer and use 10lb fishing line to peel it off. Then use a rubber (bodyshop) wheel on a variable speed drill to rub off the remaining glue.

I would then do a complete polishing compound/wax of the whole car if the paint looks faded. It usually fades more on the tops than the sides - so you might be okay.

Heat with hairdryer and use 10lb fishing line to peel it off. Then use a rubber (bodyshop) wheel on a variable speed drill to rub off the remaining glue.

I would then do a complete polishing compound/wax of the whole car if the paint looks faded. It usually fades more on the tops than the sides - so you might be okay.

^^
This!

The "bodyshop wheel" is called either a Caramel wheel (because of its colour) or a Pinstripe remover.
Good cut, polish and wax after removal and you wont even be able to tell that they were ever there :)

Sweet, thanks for the replies. I have been wanting to do a cut and polish as the current paint has tons of swirl marks that just kills the look of it. Will have to get one of those caramel wheels.

Back