negative battery cable

Macabe

:
2003 Protege5
Just curious where this hooks up at. And i dont mean to the battery. It runs to a ground point by the droverside strut mount and then goes somewhere else. Any help would be much appreciated

It doesn't matter as long as its bolted to the main frame of the car.

It splits into two. One goes to the fuse box under the hood. The other is bolted to the frame.

Last edited:
Even though it can't reach the frame ? This ground is under the intake and it's that really thick black/yellow cable. Is it supposed to be grounded on the trans ?

I can't actually remember where it is grounded too.. but i know for sure one goes to the fuse box... the other shouldn't matter as long as it is grounded to the frame... if it doesn't reach then extend it... if you wanna connect it to the block i believe that is fine.. the block is also grounded near the passenger side motor mount.... i relocated my battery to the trunk.. never really took notice as to where it was originally grounded to... i just started tearing down everything when i removed my block... i'm sure someone here knows but just hasn't chimed in yet

Back