New Member Here - Hello

:
03 Protege 5
Hello everyone, n00b here from Chicago. Just today I picked up an 03, laser blue mica (I think that is the name...) p5. Quite thrilled with it so far. No crazy plans for it, but I think it should be a great car for me for the up coming years. I came from an 04 nissan sentra spec v, which had ongoing problems, so I am happy to be in something more reliable. Anyway, I look forward to learning various things on the forum and the like.

Here's a picture of the p5 today:

vS46U.jpg

cheers (drinks)

Welcome and great choice, the car is fun to drive and a head turner too, even at 11yo. lol How many miles are on the odometer? And you can toss your ideas for NO crazy plans out the window after you registered here...we will gladly help you spend your money. :)

Welcome and great choice, the car is fun to drive and a head turner too, even at 11yo. lol How many miles are on the odometer? And you can toss your ideas for NO crazy plans out the window after you registered here...we will gladly help you spend your money. :)

111k right now! I've already spent 200 bucks, I'm not going to lie about that - stereo upgrades. It is VERY fun to drive. My spec v sentra was faster, but it handled like crap among many other crappy things. I am surprised how good this car handles with old struts and springs!

First thing you should do is a good combo of CAI, header/exhaust, and a MP3 ECU. All together help give the car a little more pep.

Thanks for the tips! So far I have just been reading lots of posts on here on up keep. New plugs, fluids, getting rid of interior rattles, etc. I think I may actually pick up either one of the axle back exhausts or an intake for starters coming next pay day.

The mp3 ecu gives you a much smoother band and a few extra ponies.. the downside is you have to use premium.

The mp3 ecu gives you a much smoother band and a few extra ponies.. the downside is you have to use premium.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that. I'm already experimenting with premium/higher octane due to supposedly lower ethanol percentages...

Back