About to have my 1st Oil Change at 7500 miles

TUCK4SURE

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I got a small list of things I want the dealer to check out but I'm going to ask is there anything else I need to have checked to make sure everything is working. So far....

1. Light is out in the rear luggage area.
2. Noise in the dash in the center
3. Intermittent rumbling start a little shacking.
4. Loss of some fuel economy from 29 to 26.4 mpg. I'm not sure but living on the east coast the oxygenated gas or my lead foot??
5. Noise in the right rear when going over bumps. Sounds like a bad squeak intermittently.
6. Driver side mirror vibrates when driving and also when the music is turned up.

Now I do some my oblivious checks of making sure that the next oil change is updated with a new one and checking for leaks. Is there anything that I could be missing?

Thanks!

You might want to look into any ECU/Transmission re-flash/software updates available. They may not be willing to do it if they vehicle is not exhibiting any problems, but it's worth asking about.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ing-Transmission-Issues-with-their-CX-5/page3

For #1, there is a little switch under the rear seat release levers. Have you tried to manually flip it on? I don't think it activates on tailgate opening.

First service visit is next month. I'll be sure to take a list similar to yours. Good luck!

Look closely at the trunk light on the drivers side. It has a switch. Mine was off by default. Light will turn off when you close the hatch. But before u do. Lift the carpet where the spare tire is. Tighten down the tire. Check the tire tools to make sure they are secure. I removed the tow hooks as I will never need them. Aluminum tools may be rubbing on the styrofoam holders. My lug nut key was also rattling around. Some other owners reported loss of mileage as the oil gets older. Or closer to service. Could be winter too. You are at the extreme end of your oil life imo. Yes the mirrors vibrate and so does the hood. As for noise in center. Open the glove box and let me know if it goes away.

Did your driving meet the 7500 mile criteria in the owners manual? Mine looks like driveway sealer at the 5000 mile mark and I wouldn't consider my driving severe. You loss of gas mileage could be attributable to the degraded oil.

Which dealer are you going to? Also wondering why you waited so long for the first service. We have our first service appt for the 28th. Currently @4200 miles.

Schedule 1 (for US owners) intervals per owners manual:

7500 miles / 6 months

Follow Schedule 1 if the vehicle is operated mainly where none of the following conditions
apply.
l Repeated short-distance driving
l Driving in dusty conditions
l Driving with extended use of brakes
l Driving in areas where salt or other corrosive materials are used
l Driving on rough or muddy roads
l Extended periods of idling or low-speed operation
l Driving for long periods in cold temperatures or extremely humid climates
l Driving in extremely hot conditions
l Driving in mountainous conditions continually
If any do apply, follow Schedule 2.

U.S.A. and CANADA
0W-20 full synthetic recommended:
Mazda genuine oil is used in your Mazda
vehicle and 0W-20 lubricant is
recommended.

Yes, I had mine done by local Mazda dealership at 7400 miles last summer [used recommended full synthetic which I consider to be mandatory for my vehicle(s)].

Last edited:
Short distance-- Check
Salt or corrosives--Check
Low speed idling--Check

(this is Jersey after all) Lol

Plus i just figure easier to keep track of every 5000 miles.

Jeff

Back