Bike racks?

what specifically are you looking for? How many bikes are you wanting to carry?? what types of bikes? (basic mountain bike, road, DH, FR) Check out Yakima,Thule, and Swagman for some good options. I personally have the Yakima (highroller) setup on my car and love it. Although I am a bit biased having also worked in the bike industry selling lots of yakima stuff. All the part #'s are available off there site and they tell you which ones will fit and which wont. Pm me if you have any questions about the racks.
I would stay away form trunk mounts due to the spoiler on our trunks. most trunk mounting rakcs have straps that will sit over it and put weight on it. potentially snapping. I've seen it happen a bunch of times.

Yakima is good, they mount right up to our stock cross bars

I have Yakima bike racks that came from a subie on my car during the summer/fall. I just bought the mighty mounts for our car.

Here's an old pic

IMG_20120606_163950.jpg

I'm hauling at least two mountain bikes. My p5 doesn't have the roof rack at all. I have those little 3 inch deletes on my roof. I want cheap and reliable but I also want something that looks halfway decent.

I have a Saris bones 2 bike trunk/hatch cling-on, stand on the bumper with 2 feet, one foot on back glass with 6 straps to hold it to top of hatch, sides of hatch & 2 under the bumper. Also have the xporter trays that mount to the oem rack with quick release up front so tires have to go in back of hatch. Mostly road bikes go on roof and krusty muddy mt bikes go on the back. Having them on the back is much quieter, better mpg, no mud on roof & less bug splatter on bikes. I much prefer the truck for bikes now tho. Car doesn't see bikes any more since getting it. Here's a pic of the top racks, nevermind the smiling snapperhead next to my car.............

tshrt_00.JPG

Here's the Saris........

http://www.probikekit.com/us/access...ansportation/saris-bones-2-bike-car-rack.html

It is adjustable for truck or hatch or whatever by moving the arms around.

Last edited:
Back