Rotary protege

DOMO

:
01 MP3, 03 MSP
Hey has anyone heard of the rotary civic? If not search it up. I was wondering tho of anyone has tried this with a protege like actually had it running ? I think this would be a cool idea to do if someone would have the time,money,material to get this done seriously.

I have seen a Datsun 510 with a rotary. How many FWD Rotaries we ever built? I can't think of one.

Also I have seen a Rotary in a VW Beetle(VW Kfer really) built by VW.

There has been a few FWD rotaries. But it involves alot of work to make a FWD trans clear there starter. Ive yet to see it done here in the states. But i do remember a FWD 323 rotary with a ton of pics floating around. Just go to google, and put in fwd rotary. That will keep you busy for hours.

Wheres that probe gt link? A guy finished a RWD probe GT conversion just before the end of 2012 on probetalk...and was accepting donations for a 13B transplant haha...He used a miata's front end, and an FD's rear sub frame iirc...with a miata fuel tank, i think...it was over 100 pages long so i'm sure i missed stuff.

despite all the work squaring up the car during a RWD conversion, i'd imagine it still being cheaper and quicker than trying to get a rotary turned sideways for FWD...and it would be much more appropriate...

Custom mounts and adapter plate for bell housing. If you have a good welder and know how you could do it for cheap

Or the rotary p5 that we all know so well

The is a rotary p5 already ? I randomly stumbled on the rotary civic which made me bring up this subject.
I've heard of the guy who was trying to put a rotary in the p5 but was trying to make the car rwd instead of fwd but didn't have enough money to do it . But is there anyone who has done the fwd rotary swap in our car ?

He already did it go on you tube and search for it, it is a beast. Honestly I wouldn't do it unless I had a rediculous amount of money

*sigh* That "p5" everyone keeps talking about is actually a tube frame racecar with a mazda6 body over it. Yes...mazda6...not a protege5. No matter how often I try correcting people they keep calling it a p5. *shrug*

Google "PAC performance mazda6"

*sigh* That "p5" everyone keeps talking about is actually a tube frame racecar with a mazda6 body over it. Yes...mazda6...not a protege5. No matter how often I try correcting people they keep calling it a p5. *shrug*

brapbrap BRAAAAAAAP dam 205 mph rotary. but yea not what i was thinking but in a way is what i was talking about. if i win the lottery i will do this just to say it can be done

I think they were talking about a different car...

This is clearly a tube'd skeleton, too...but its most definitely a shell made to look like a P5...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kucbuk1_ow4

Or am i missing something?...I don't think that video shows a rotary powered protege, in fact i bet its a V8 of some sort...

Last edited:
Back